Razer Mamba Wired / Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse

You can program the one button to copy, the other button to paste, and the middle button to fold your laundry.

I’ve been looking for a new mouse for a while now. I currently use the Razer Copperhead, and like it, but it’s a bit old. I’ve been looking at the Mamba for a while, and with this price, couldn’t resist.

I have this mouse and it seriously has no difference from wired or wireless. I game all the time and you will never notice it’s a wireless mouse, trust me.

Gaming-Grade Wireless Technology
The Razer Mamba gaming grade wireless technology is engineered to free you from the reins while achieving the highest gaming standards. Its ability to be polled at an interval of 1ms maximizes the frequency at with data is sent to the PC. This also means your command gets executed first even if you and your opponent react at the same time.

Razer sure does have to refurbish a LOT of their products. Seems to me if they didn’t build them so poorly they wouldn’t have to fix them so often.

[Mod’s note: Whoa there, champ. Let’s keep it a little less violent.]

Seriously, i have had one die on me and so has everyone else who’s used them. How many have to break before the guy realizes “oh hey, these cheap parts are causing my mice to fail”?

Does “Gaming Grade Wireless” mean that I will not die cause my wireless mouse did not notice that I moved it?

Having owned one for about half a year now, I have to say, this is one superb mouse. It handles really well, and on high sensitivities, I can bump the mouse and get the pointer to go from one side of the screen to the other. In fact, any time something bass-heavy gets played on speakers, the mouse will indicate it was moved even if I’m no where close to touching the mouse or the table.

It’s also well constructed. No slip grip, and the heft of the mouse (it’s pretty hefty due to the electronics and the batter pack) actually makes it seem sturdier than many other mice I’ve tried before. Of course, not everyone likes a heavy mouse, so you should take that into account.

Also know that if you’re going to purchase one, definitely consider getting a good quality mousepad to go with it, since this mouse responds well with a nice mousepad surface (but it’ll work fine even on a hard table surface).

My only gripe is that I’ve never gotten the amount of battery life that Razer has claimed out of the Mamba. Still the 9 hours or so it stays on is adequate enough for my needs, and if worse comes to worse, I just switch over to wired.

I really doubt all that storage is for driver binaries…Razer products tend to have very graphic intensive custom control panels, and it wouldn’t surprise me if all that space goes to elaborate bitmaps, etc. Sort of pointless, actually, I have a Razer Copperhead (my third woot) and I basically never use that control panel.

Cnet says that this mouse seems slightly skewed toward right-hand use, so bummer, not for me, or for anybody else who switch hits for whatever reason (minimizing repetitive stress effects…boredom…who knows.)

Somebody else posted it, but here it is again:

I love my MX REvoution mouse with hyper scrolling but I may replace it anytime soon.

Would I also like this mouse? Does it have a Razer version of hyper scrolling?

Anybody know if the refurbished unit ships with the most up to date firmware? I heard updating on a 64 bit Windows platform was not the easiest thing in the world.

I’ve owned this mouse for about six months now, and it’s great. I was originally planning to use it as a wireless mouse, but I just keep it plugged in wired now for no reason other than convenience. The cord is plenty long, the wire is unobtrusive, and the mouse itself is great. My only (minor) complaint is that my scroll wheel squeaks occasionally when I scroll it too quickly (as in, really fast). Otherwise, a fantastic mouse. I haven’t even touched half of the features it offers and I’m very satisfied.

70 dollars for a mouse? Geez!

What hoopin’d to the annoying Deals.woot portal that you had to go thru’ before you got here to ye ol’ Sellout???

hmmm… I’m stumped… how does one ever get “bored” of boobies? Just guess I love them too much to ever want to “switch hit”.

I wish I had as many quality posts as you do Night. one question I can’t figure out, why does WootBot have 2 quality posts, when everything he posts on Woot is quality? I mean if it wasn’t for him how would we be able to make fun of the first sucker?

They paid old Sir Elton 1 million bucks to perform at this wedding.

Sort of ironic that we are now discussing him here on Sellout.Woot dontcha think!?

shhhh… it’s much better like this. i had pretty much quit checking sellout.woot because deals.woot is so freaking annoying

Would this be eligible for a squaretrade warranty?

Gahh woot!

I’ve been waiting for a mouse from woot from before the last wootoff, and missed the deathadder by a few seconds!

This wireless mouse is “good” for gaming because it has 1ms report rates, unlike the unusually high report rates of other wireless mice that cause lag. The extra features are nice for gaming as well, but the report rate is what sets it apart. I’ve heard good reports of using this mouse for gaming, and if nothing else, plug it in for gaming, wireless for general use. Also, my experience with razer has been good so far, although limited to my salmosa. Realizability was good, outlasted my previous logitech, although it did not like the coffee I gave it (I thought caffeine would help it go faster :slight_smile:

If woot would have been a few days ahead I would have jumped all over this deal, but I gave up on them. I just bought a logitech g500 from newegg (showed up yesterday), and have to say if your a power user/ gamer the extra features and confort are worth the price.

My mouse life.
Dell ball mouse>cheapo sunbeam optical (mistake)>logitech ir wireless laser>razer salmosa>logitech g500

Even if it were, squaretrade has very stringent requirements for warrenty coverage. You have to certify that it is not the battery as they are not covered. In order to do that you have to take it somewhere and have it diagnosed. You must pay for this, then if it is not the battrey, they will offer some kind of coverage. As best I can tell, squaretrade is only good if the item is worth lots of money. otherwise, save your money.