Razer Mamba Wired / Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse

I bought this mouse when it was first available on sellout.woot on 6-9-10. I’ve been using it as my only gaming mouse on my desktop since then. Now i can play games on my big screen without stretching the cord.

it is very responsive, i have NEVER needed to switch to wired mode, the battery lasts forever. Maybe this is because I’m very good about putting it back on the charging cradle when not in use but it’s still awesome.

It felt a little big at first (i have small manly hands) but i grew to like it. the response is excellent on my stained wood table. i might invest in a gaming mouse pad, though only because i sometimes eat on this table and it gets growdy/greasy/gross/grimy/etc…

I highly recommend this mouse for any gamer who is considering going wireless.

That guy needs to learn how to use a box knife.

Just like last time this was offered, I’ll chime in again and say that I’ve owned this for quite a while now and it’s fantastic. Great mouse, great price; what else can I say?

Friggin a Woot…Really???

…In for 1.

does the scroll wheel click to the sides? or only down?

I bought this mouse on 6/9/10. My mouse wheel started squeaking last week. Very annoying. Did a search on google and this seems to be a common problem.

In a holding pattern right now waiting on Razor’s response to a RMA request.

Bought this mouse last time. First “gaming” mouse I have ever had. I was a little nervous about the wireless part, I have had “wireless mice” and found that they were only good because you can throw them at the wall with out damaging your usb jack on your computer. with that being said I really am impressed with the control of this mouse. It is on the larger side (when you put it next to say a laptop mouse,) but it sits well in your hand.

Being the type that is anti led’s (ya, but they just don’t really appeal to me) this mouse can had the led’s on or off. Funny thing is I really like these led’s they are not OVERPOWERING, and not so pointless that you just turn them off for spite.

So if your on the fence about pulling the trigger on a $70 mouse. (because all the Non gamer people would say $70 for a mouse!?!) just smile and say ya, it’s worth every penny. Cause it is.

Can’t really comment on the macros, have not used that yet.

It only Clicks down but that brings up the scroll. So you can scroll up, down, and if needed side to side.

Order Replacement Feet For Your Razer Mouse Here

Simple to update the firmware. Just need to have a extra mouse.

Now any ideas how to “remind” my wife to put the darn thing back on the charger when she is done on the computer?
At least I have not had a dead battery yet. errrrr

Whatever you say, mon.

Got this mouse new and it is amazing. Accurate and light and no problems except as a previous post said the mouse wheel started making and ear piercing squeak when scrolling. Needless to say after searching the internet I found it was a common problem… and most people either RMA’d it to get a new one and the problem recur or they put Vaseline or something of the sort on it.

I personally popped the top off mine and followed this guys instructions.

I however didn’t have any of his fancy grease so i just used chapstick and a toothpick… yes… chapstick fixed a $130 mouse…

For those concerned about the refurb issue I have bought 5 razer’s from woot all refurbs some 2 years old or older now all still working fine. I love them. Don’t need this one but it’s better than the ones I’m using so think I’m in for 2 or 3

Does anyone know if the scroll wheel spins “smooth” or has stops? I prefer one that has stops; I tried getting used to the free spinning kind on an MS mouse and ended up returning.

It has “stops” by your terminology. It’s not a free spinning wheel. If you wanted to just move one section at a time it has a very tactile click feel when you move it.

BTW: This is the best mouse I’ve owned ever. Razer even sells replacement teflon mouse feet if/when they start to come off or wear down.

If you buy this mouse, get ready to pull the top off and put some lube on the mouse wheel. I’ve had 2 of these both new and they both squeaked. A lot of people on the internet had the same problem.

Fix is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstjxLJX9rc

I’d like to caution everyone that, while this is an amazing mouse when looking at it’s list if features, it may not be for you if you have smaller hands. It bears nearly the same structure as the Death Adder, which (at least for me, having smaller hands) never felt quite right.

I would recommend people in my situation look for a diamondback or perhaps an old copperhead, or a Lachesis if your looking for something with huge DPI to use instead, as they seem to fit smaller hands more easily.

I bought this mouse last time Woot offered it andI have to say its is amazing. The feel and response is awesome and perfect for any gamer out there.

The only issue I had was it seems to be sensitive to lots of bass. If I have my music up loud while playing a game the curser on my screen tend to freak out and it did not do that with my old mouse.

This is still an amazing mouse and a great deal for anyone. I would definitly reccomend buying it.

Picked one of these up last time, and it’s awesome. The sensitivity buttons are a little bit fiddly and out of the way as compared to the Razer Copperhead, but usable if switching between gaming roles in a spare two or three seconds.

The cord-connection issue (one of the most complained-about bits) is actually way overblown. You do need to use two hands (one for mouse, one for cable)… but that’s more expected than anything else.

If anything, I tend to have the reverse issue… disconnecting the cord is a pain in the backside. Holding the release and getting a good grip on the connector at the same time is a pain.

All of which is really moot, as I have yet to have the battery die at any point, or the pointing to get erratic. Looks great on the stand, but placing it on to charge isn’t just a ‘drop and go’… the spring-loaded contact nubs can catch on the dimple meant to hold the mouse on the stand, holding it up and not charging at all. So takes a moment to make sure it’s fully seated.

Rubberized grip feels great, button action is almost incredibly light and crisp (the weight of my finger resting on it is enough to click about half the time, until I adjusted my usual ham-handed grip back slightly), but more importantly absolutely reliable.
The side buttons are placed perfectly for a righty, with the pad of the thumb falling right on the seam between both, making it easy to click either with the light pressure of a slight rock.

Only down side (or up side?) is that the scroll wheel doesn’t do tilt.

Grabbed this mouse the last go around. Very pleased with the product. Packaging was OEM, but I didn’t need the fancy box :). Product is excellent for gaming. Software is well written and has a good set of tools for configuration/customization. Highly recommend it for you gamers out there.

I originally bought this mouse for use with my future laptop, but after testing it out, I’ll be using it on my desktop. The wireless receiver/charge station is way too cumbersome to carry around in a laptop bag. Coincidentally (?) just after I started using this mouse, my Razer Copperhead took a dump. This is a worthy replacement. I haven’t run out of batteries at an inconvenient time yet, so that’s a plus. The LED on the charging stand is too bright to have exposed at night if you leave your computer on, but I bet if you’re into this kind of stuff you’re familiar with these types of compromises.

This is barely half the normal retail price of this mouse…excellent deal, even if it is refurbished. I’ve been happy with my DeathAdder, but I just couldn’t pass this up.

Does anyone know how these are shipped by Woot? The retail box looks nice and all, but does Woot just ship this in plastic bags (since it is a refurb), or is it in the actual retail box?