Razer Pro Click Mobile Bluetooth Mouse

In for 3 … WOOT! 3 Different colors for 3 different colored laptops.

:pc: Technology Corner :pc:
To customize your mouse you can use Microsoft’s free IntelliPoint Software. It says it’s only for Microsoft mice but it works for anything!

It can customize what the middle button does. And it can do different things depending on which program you’re in.

You can get it from here:
Download IntelliPoint from Microsoft.com

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
In the download and install menu select your mouse as Basic Optical Mouse.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4139/intelli.png

It’s Bluetooth, so range should be about 30 feet (or 10 meters if you don’t speak English).

I have too many Razer accessories now… Salmosa mouse, that headset with the crazy name I can’t seem to pronounce, and it looks like this as well. Should I go red to match my Acer? Or black to match the Wu-Tang vinyl decal I have on it?

I was wondering if this mouse would work with Linux (have an Ubuntu variant installed on my EeePc).

So I searched the Ubuntu forums and found this post. They’re talking about a different Razer Bluetooth mouse (the Orochi mobile gaming mouse) but I feel confident enough to buy it now.

In for 1 :slight_smile: Now I need to figure out how to enable the bluetooth on my laptop :frowning:

I use one on a Linux laptop (debian). As long as your bluetooth adapter is recognized then the mouse is sure to work. (The one on deals.woot should be compatible. I think it’s the same as the one on dealextreme and that one is.)

Oh my god. Oh my god.
The podcast today is fantastic.

does the razer sign on the mouse light up?

Bluetooth works with protocols, not vendor specific drivers.

So, simple answer is, yes… this will work with your bluetooth on your machine. :slight_smile:

Bluetooth - Wikipedia (for some light reading, ofc)

Also, for the record, the OS wont matter. Every flavor of Linux, Unix, Windows or Mac all use it the exact same and will behave the same. Its a standard.

Well, ANY latency? Yes.

Is it enough to matter? Hard to say. BlueTooth devices can achieve low enough latency for most of us, but it tends to kill the battery life. BlueTooth audio gets “low enough”

The biggest problem is what occurs when the device either times out or goes through a dis/reconnect, which can take a couple seconds. Some devices don’t do this; I’d be surprised if Razer didn’t design around these specific use cases (games) and attempt a better compromise between latency and battery life, but I haven’t got any facts to go on (yet).

The biggest thing for me is the use of AA batteries. Mostly, that would be a good thing, but they’re on the heavy side for a device of this sort (the Logitech USB wireless mouse I have weighs about what two AA’s weigh, and that includes the batteries inside it), and it suggests to me that they achieve the claimed “long” battery life by using (relatively) large power cell.

The term bluetooth is throwing me off; I’ve only heard that used with those annoying cellphone earpieces all the d-bags are wearing these days.

Is that just a fancy word for wireless mouse?

Any reason to think it wouldn’t work with this netbook I bought my girlfriend awhile back?

Bluetooth is a standard that can be used for any number of things. This ranges from bluetooth headsets, which those earpieces are properly called, to bluetooth mice and even printers with bluetooth built in. Bluetooth is the name of the technology it all runs on and not one specific electronic gadget.

Anyways to answer your question, it will not work with your netbook as it is right now. You will need a bluetooth USB dongle which you can pick up on eBay for $2.

Thanks much…

I’m super excited about this - finding a nice Bluetooth mouse for a decent price is nearly impossible. I’ve had my eye on this one for a year or more, and Razer still sells it for $60. eBay sells it for $25+5 shipping, so this is 1/4 the MSRP and half the eBay price.

In for 3 - 2 white and 1 black. :slight_smile:

Yes it lights up. It also does some pulsing when going idle which is supposed to be possible to turn off (see quick start guide posted earlier for instructions). Even with it turned off it still glows a bit from the tracking led (barely noticeable at an angle.)

I have so many wireless devices connected to my desktop, they’re always interfering with each other… Been looking for bluetooths to quit that mess.

And yes, I am getting a PINK one.

Hmm…I want one but am concerned that it is optical. I currently have a ms mobile mouse 3000. Is laser vs optical really such a big deal?

Only in terms of dpi tracking. The laser can track in the thousands. But the LED (optical) tracks up to 800. Laser mice usually have a button that adjusts sensitivity down to a optical DPI range.

Now my assumption is, the optical will last far longer then the laser do to power usage. On this I could be wrong, but considering LED’s are the most efficient at making light… probably not.

i got one and the 1.97 dongle cause my roommate loves kicking my mouse about the room when my laptop is hooked up to the tv as a monitor

LOVES to walk infront of the cable thusly kicking it out of my hand

so hopefully this will solve my minor issue of roommates being jerks

will probably report back with how it works
about to use it on windows vista home premium 64, then test it on win7 same version (after my format)

I am thinking more along the lines of, will this work on multiple surfaces? I’ve been hard pressed to find a surface my ms mouse doesn’t track on but it is a hybrid optical/laser mouse. Power usage matters less to me, but 2 months of use is acceptable to me. I would guess you are correct on the leds consuming less power though. I think I’m going to go for it. I’ve been wanting to try out a bluetooth mouse and this seems the most economical. all the other bt mice I’ve seen are in the >40$ range. I just hope they don’t come out with a laser version after I get this.