Razer the Roof!

how does the salmosa compare to logitech’s g500 or whatever the base laser gamer they have is now?

The Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset, HIGHLY HIGHLY advise NOT getting these. I ve had them for about 1.5 years now. They were okay until I started playing RTSs or MMOs with others on Vent or Skype. They give this excruciating feedback to everyone else and no one wants to play with you… or it could be me, haha.

Seriously, I wouldn’t get these things again. However, they are comfortable.

I have to say I have had not a single issue with either of the 2 Razer Carcharias headset (1 brand new, 1 referb from woot) that I have owned. It is by far the best gaming headset I have owned and never have problems when using ventrilo to game with friends. I like the idea of wireless and USB headsets but I always seem to break them or they just dont cut it, so these plain headsets with 1/8 in plugs are great. Although I am so tempted to get a 7.1 surround sound headset some day.

Gotta say I’m actually glad they didn’t include the Mamba considering I just ordered one off of Amazon today. Really wished the previous sale they had was actually the 2012 version and they didn’t advertise it falsely. Oh well.

No deathadders? :frowning:

Do they make lefty models? I’ve always wanted a Razer, but it seems I’d be relegated to using an ambidex model. I’ve never seen a lefty model for sale on Woot.

I can’t specifically comment to their other products, but I have a Diamondback that you would have to pry from my dead cold hands.

It has survived some very heavy pvp in WoW (when I used to play competitive PVP), Diablo, Torchlight … you get the idea.

I am hating the thought of ever having to replace it!

I have only purchased razer mice and only refurbs from woot. I current have one at work (copperhead I believe) that I have used for 6 years without issue. I have another of the same model that I used for 4 years and only replaced it for the Naga I am currently using issue free. The one I replaced was also working just fine with exposed wiring (poor cable management on my part stripped the outside of part of the cord).

I would buy more razer mice, but the ones I have need to break first for me to justify it!

Same here for me. My Salmosa is going strong after I think 3 years. I also have a regular version of the Imperator and its been a great mouse.

I hate it when you (WOOT) put products that you aren’t even selling in your promotional pictures. It’s like you’re just messing with me.

Also, anyone else find it funny that that same picture has all the Razer products sitting around a Mac?

Their way of saying “you don’t have to be a gamer to buy this, you only need to like expensive things.”

That Salmosa is crazy light though right? Might pick one up, but worried about that.

I’ve got a “Microsoft Optical Blue” that I bought in 2001 that works perfectly, scroll wheel is as smooth as it was the day I bought it. It’s been dropped in a pool and fallen 3 stories off a motel ledge. Worlds best mouse

Skyrim. But the hubby plays all kinds of FPS, FPSRPG, Team-based FPS, Strategy, etc.

The hubby had a pair of Radio Shack headphones that were flimsy and gave uncontrollably bad static and poor voice quality. His friends have all commented on the improvement in his voice quality since his new headphones.

I got the Carcharias for him when his headphones broke (and I was too annoyed to send them back for the replacement under the extended warranty). We got our Razer headset from Best Buy for about twice the price, not including their extended warranty. (We have a kid, warranty is a requirement for us, not a choice.) Fantastic headset so far, he’s had them for over two months and loves them. He treats them VERY gently, uses them for Skype and gaming with Steam and other internal voice-chat systems. Some of his other friends said that they have similar headphones by Razer and are pretty happy with them.

I hate to say it, but so far your experience sounds like a one-off.

OH THANK GOD, I’M NOT ALONE!

:smiley:

Wish I had’nt passed up the Naga now since I was thinking of getting one for a friend. At least I managed to get the Nostromo pad after trying one out at Best Buy earlier today.

Between the shirt I ordered last week and these goodies I’m going to be a happy girl when they get here. :slight_smile:

I’ve had the Carcharias headset for a few years now and I’m not a big fan of it. Even on the smallest setting it’s just a bit too big for my head so after awhile it starts to slip down and pinch the top of my ears until they hurt. I’m a girl so maybe it’s just not built for my head.

Also, the cord is super long and unwieldy. It always gets wrapped around my chair. I’ve tried to tie it up a bit and move it but it always comes out.

Other than that, the sound quality has always been good on both headphones and mic.

I bought a DeathAdder a few months ago in a Woot Off and have really liked it. I’ve been hoping to get a second one for work, but the last Woot Off had only one and there are none in this event. Maybe the next Woot Off…

hey if there’s any way you could get more keyboard’s that would be great :smiley: (and tron mouse pads…)

The hubby doesn’t scoot around on his chair at all, and he’s got a pretty tall/man-sized head. He got a pair of skullcandy headphones for christmas that hurt his head because they’re tight - the Razer headphones fit him perfectly.

I do admit though - I am female, and I PROMISE they slip off my head if I’m not paying attention. Comfy as heck, though. Have you thought about adding a small cushion to the underside of the headset for stability?

Our cord goes around the monitor and has plenty of give, but has never gotten caught on the chair!

The one you linked isn’t wireless. May be preference but it costs more for them to make.