RCA 10" 32GB Tablet w/Detachable Keyboard

RCA 10" 32GB Tablet w/Detachable Keyboard

1 Like

It’s running a six year old version of Android and cannot be updated. You’ve really got to hate whoever you give this to…

5 Likes

Detachable Keyboard…Plagiarism… Lip sync… Ummm. I wonder how many people get the song reference! I didn’t think that many people actually knew that song…ah… Weren’t the 90’s great, except for no cell phones, and dial up internet. Lol

6 Likes

I appreciate the lyrical reference, but Android 5.0 is a major deal breaker.

3 Likes

Absolutely!
King Missile…

But now and then I go to a party, get drunk,

And the next morning I can’t for the life of me
Remember what I did with it.
First I looked around my apartment, and I couldn’t find it.
So I called up the place where the party was,

They hadn’t seen it either.
I asked them to check the medicine cabinet
'Cause for some reason I leave it there sometimes
But not this time.

So I told them if it pops up to let me know.
I called a few people who were at the party,
But they were no help either.

2 Likes

For those adventurous and want to root this and install custom updates.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/root-rct6303w87dk-5-0-lollipop-t3116016/amp/

1 Like

Would they be good for young kids to play games and stream?

Of course just set up parental locks for certain restricted content that depending on the age of such young kids you don’t want them accessing especially payment information.

Can you put Linux on it? Lol

Only if you hate them. It’s a 5 year old tablet that wasn’t very good when it was released. A lot of apps aren’t going to even load on it. Those that will are going to run like a 14 year old dog. As much as it pains me to say it you’re much better getting them a fire tablet even without modifying it.

Hi, I just got a notification for this, I was going to purchase it right now… Then I see “sold out”. Really?? Then why notify me. Is this going to be restocked anytime soon?

Hi there. Sorry about that. Which email did you see it in so I can research it further.

Not sure when these will be back. We don’t plan our events very far in advance.

Thank you!

Fyi-I ordered one for my 4 yr old because he loves to type on my laptop and I wanted something he could play on while I work. I was planning on rooting it to upgrade from Android 5.0.

I just set it up and this version came stock with Android 8.1.0, which is the highest it can upgrade to without rooting it.

It seems to run pretty well for a budget tablet, especially for the price with keyboard included

@ThunderThighs. Help, please

This is what I just sent to customer service. I have been trying to return this last tablet since 7/1 and I can’t get the ups tracking #, but I have emailed them over and over. Is there anyway you can use your magical powers to help figure this out? UPS calls me 3x a day… thank you

Email #12 to customer service- they gave me the rma but no tracking # for ups

I have requested this OVER AND OVER AGAIN and am getting nowhere. For order # 65643915 I have the RMA# but do not have the ups tracking number. Ups was nice enough to pick up the box and they are holding it for me until I can get them the tracking number. It is the tracking # for the package of 1 tablet - please send this ASAP

Hi there. Sorry for the frustration. The UPS labels will go to the email address on your Woot account. Make sure that email address is current. Another alternative is to contact CS again with a different email address to send the labels.

I can see that they’ve sent return labels multiple times. The email will be from UPS. Make sure you check spam/junk folders.