RCA 1000 Watt 5.1 Home Theatre System

Yes. Working on something odd here with one of those vector inverters.

RCA = Thomsen.

Thomsen = crap.

10% THD = Admitted crap.

Crap + admitted crap = Overpriced at nearly free.

Ninety-five dollar price tag + Overpriced at nearly free = Not gonna be wootin’ this time.

I especially agree with the student part. My roommate bought this at Wall-y World for 150 at the beginning of the semester. It is plenty loud for our room and he has his computer plugged into it. Music sounds fine off of it. Obviously not high end but good on a budget.

ive learned that if ur using HDMi its the same as optical audio…

Can this be used a karaoke system? Does it have microphone inputs?

Yes just split the power cord hook it directly to your car battery and poof! Music to your ears.

I use HDMI port for my LCD and optical digital for audio.

doesn’t even have video inputs/switching…

good thing i’m loyal to Onkyo

I am a student and don’t own a theatre system. Is this worth it for dvds and my xbox?

I have this in gray…bought in woot about a year ago. Its a decent low end wired audio system for the money, however it does not have enough power in it to support a record player, which was kind of disapointing for me. The speakers get pretty muffled at max volume, and sometimes even at the peak volume, its not terribly loud at all.

Be warned. If you aren’t looking for a system with earth shattering loudness and tone, this is a great buy…however audiophiles will find little to love here.

Probably a good buy for a student’s budget

Yes, like I stated earlier, my roommate has one and it sounds fine for our apartment. Not top of the line but a good basic surround sound and plenty to make our walls thump.

Did anyone see the handle on the top of the unit? I guess it’s considered a portable, or luggable. It’s an interesting concept, actually. A portable 5.1 AV. Now the 10% distortion figure doesn’t seem so bad.

The picture on the back shows a DC input. By the looks of the speakers, they all seem to physically attach to the main unit like a boombox. When you think about it, it’s pretty clever, but eventually the people at Bose would get around to doing it also. It’s what their new stuff is starting to look like.

Just think - you can put this one device on one shoulder, and a battery on the other shoulder to power it. Bammo - you’re popular, just like in the 80’s!

What happens to the extra Penny?

$89.99 +$5.00 shipping = $94.99

1000 watts? Na… Maybe in a dream. PIP?

“HIS MASTER’S CRRAAAAAPPP.”

10% distortion

RCA

Refurb

RUN - RUN FAST!

Free would be a rip off!

Everywhere I have read it says it is a weak system. People seem to have problems with it. And that is a brand new one.

From personal experience i dont particularly like the quality of these speakers nor do they really have good quality. While they may have some good specs they arent really that great. But for that price i might consider buying them simply because they are 90 bucks… but then again this is a REFURB!

5.1 system is 6 channels at 10% distortion each for a total of… 60% THD!!!

1000w at 60% THD… Great Woot. Sorry I missed it.

Anyone wanna sell me theirs? :-}