RCA 42" 1080p LCD HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

RCA 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Oooh - This is tempting. That’s a great price for this size / 1080p. My wife would kill me though.

Careful, RCA’s quality isn’t always so good on their LCDs.

I wish I had 300 extra bucks lying around here

RCA= yet another licensed made in China brand. Oh wait, Thomson still own them. But they still suck.

Bad deal this size has been popping up at best buy for 329 and it was new.

I’d never buy a cheap TV without seeing it in action first. Black levels are usually the first thing you’ll immediately notice on cheap LCDs.

I’ve had an RCA 32" LCD for the past 3 years and love it. I also have a Samsung and an LG. The RCA is a great tv with more than enough ports in the back. How many RCA’s do you own? Do you have a valid reason for saying this, or are you another tech snob?

this is going to take forever… hopefully there isn’t a warehouse full

This isn’t the best price for refurbished. We might be here a while.

C’mon Woot! Impress us with some rock bottom prices! This refurbished TV is priced well above sea level!!

Remember, RCA = Really Crappy Appliance.

But buy 3.

they get ripped on cause they have a history of being low quality. I worked for best buy for a number of years. The tvs that couldn’t handle being on every day and had to be replaced were the RCAs and Dynex (best buy brand).

This.

I had a terrible experience with a 46" RCA. I got a great deal on it from Best Buy but 2 days after I set it up it started losing the backlight. Had a tech out 3 times before he said he had replaced everything that he could and the TV would have to be replaced.

I waited until the last day I could take it back to the store (45 day return for silver members) and still never heard from an RCA rep to arrange a swap. I finally heard from them one full month after the tech said it needed replaced.

Here’s the discussion from when this TV was sold during the last Woot-Off a month ago. Several people including myself received the refurbished TV with problems such as a line through the screen.

RCA 42" 1080p LCD HDTV

Here, have a gif to pass the time:

I’m waiting till I can afford the 80" TV that’s for sale at Costco.

If i’m going to buy a new TV it’s going to be 80" or bust.

I see your gif and raise you a video:

[youtube=UZhKrwQ-zRY][/youtube]