RCA 42" 1080p LCD HDTV

Read reviews on amazon, and the most common complaint was that after so many days, the picture would fade due to a bad chip. RCA knows about the problem, so the hopes are that maybe they have fixed it. Since these are refurbished maybe they have better chips.

My 21 yr old son loves that kind of stuff. Showed it to him. He replied:

day = made

REMINDER!!!

Remember that after you buy your first item today on any site, everything else ships for free until midnight CST to night!

I hope that now that everyone is waking up, ALL the woot-off items clear out soon, because jeez, most of these have been here for over half an hour each, and are at 90% left.

Serious question - my dad needs a TV this size for a rental house and this is at the top of his price range and the largest size in his size range. Would this be acceptable for such a purpose?

I assume you’ll be receiving messages for awhile that are similar to: “YOU’RE NOT YELLOW, YOU’RE ORANGE!”.

That video had me and my wife nearly uncontrollably laughing.

Thank you oh so very much! It has been a ridiculous week (is it only Tuesday morning?) and that is exactly what I needed!

I’d be more inclined to buy a refurbished model than a new model, especially one that has a known problem, like this.

Duly note that this has a poor contrast ratio (4000:1…WAT?) and sub-par response time (you really want a 5ms response time…)

Will someone please buy the lot of these please :slight_smile:

This is only a 60Hz TV, not a 120Hz. You will see the difference when watching sports. This is not a good deal.

My general rule is that you can only ask others to buy it once you have bought one yourself. :tongue:

I fell asleep last night, has there been a BoC yet?

I’m just being generous and letting others get in on the action :wink:

According to the forums, no

Well that shows my woot noobyness. I didn’t know you could do that. Thanks!

Oh, how slowly this is going…

Much better deal at walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-40-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-X405BV-FHD3/16829822

Me too, I’m in the shipping business and plan on sending to some coworkers to share the laugh. Thanks

I bought this TV off out last month and I am very pleased with it so far. This is a bedroom TV to replace a smaller RCA TV this has since been moved into the den. The quality is not great but for a $300 42" I can not complain. If you are looking for a high quality picture for movies and sports keep looking. If you are looking for an affordable second TV with a ‘good’ picture - click buy it now.

No way does the picture quality compare to my Bravia but for $300 it is a great TV.

Yes. I bought this TV on Woot a month ago as a bedroom TV and I am pleased with it. To put in a rental or vacation home with be a good purpose for this TV. A theater room no.