RCA 8 Device Backlit LCD Learning Universal Remote

first time I stayed up to see what the new product was . . . . my luck - a remote controller that scares me just lookin’ at it. Like I would ever be able to figure out how to use that thing without messin’ up the whole works.

Lori

I’m in for the back light. W00T!

woot has entered the clearance savings time of year! very please check back in thefall for good woots.

Bride of Chucky (or any other phrase that has words that start with ‘BOC’ is a reference to woot’s famous ‘Bag Of Crap’ - a woot that is only $1 where they dump all the junk they have laying around that they couldn’t get rid of on us and we all praise the glory that is the BOC.

Anyway - about this remote, it’s a pretty decent remote. I have one in my bedroom that controls my tv, tivo, dvd player and stereo. I love learning remotes (if they don’t have codes for it, you can point your original OEM remote at this one and it will -learn- the codes for what you want it to do.) Very cool.

cnet review

No woot off. The flashing yellow lights indicates a woot off. The “I want one!” button is usually a little jumpy right after midnight, until things settle down a little bit.

super weak woot…what’s with all the remotes?

how rough… usually I look forward to the spring time, when I can w00t at midnight, but alas, indiana is now eastern… and it is 1am that I will still be staying up until… just so that I can see the next remote

I for one welcome our new robotic overlords.

Ah, the woot kinda stunk but at least the product description was a fun read.

for MPsoldier:
everyone’s favorite Woot item, the elusive Bag of Crap, is often referred to as:
BOC
Bride of Chucky
…crap, there’s several others but I can’t think of them at this late EST hour.

meh another woot letdown for the night. Good night fellas hopefully somehthin good will be up tommorow. Id buy it if it was a better remote

Here’s the manual for this gizmo:

While having one remote would be better than lots of them, I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble to “learn” this thing.

Hey i know that one… i bought that from target for like $40… its already broken, the screen is missing a line… The remote is pretty easy to program, and the macro thing is neat so I dont have to explain how to turn all the HT stuff on to my parents “Hit macro 1 and point it at the stack”

Here’s the remote control I really want:

http://gannagency.com/films/remote.ram
or
http://gannagency.com/films/remote

(real player movie)

Not Wootacular! Seems like Woot’s been having some rather odd one’s this past week, nothing “I” want, but I think it is good that they are mixing things up and keeping the Woot alive.

Patrick :slight_smile:

Duct Tape all your remotes together in a big ball around a beer can and call it good. Far simpler than programing this thing !!

I remember when you couldn’t get one of these for under $50 at Radio Shack. Nice Woot!

When a post contains an acronym for the coveted Bag of Crap, the blogging software converts it into the phrase du jour.

The current replacement for the letters bee oh see is BOC
The current replacement for BzeroC is B0C
The current replacement for BdotOdotC is B.O.C
The current replacement for BspaceOspaceC is B O C
The current replacement for BdashOdashC is B-O-C
The current replacement for BunderscoreOunderscoreC is B_O_C

Hehe… nifty. Too bad I don’t watch TV nearly enough to warrant purchasing this.

when was the last B&O&C