RCA 8 Device Backlit LCD Learning Universal Remote

Eww… absolutely UGLY. Wouldn’t by it with a 56k Modem!!! But someone will… hurry up before 1.

its a good remote. I bought one already it works real well… Just only one thing… It doesnt work with Directtv boxes… but i am trying to remedy that

Think this remote is smarter than Snoop Doggie Dogg? Think it can control a Creston or AMX system?

Good remote for the price… if only all my recievers and TV’s weren’t already universal… i have like 4 universal remotes in my living room… and i can’t find half of em half the time…

is there a spousal mute button on this one? If not, no sense buying it. I just have the kids change the channel. Gets their butts up off the couch.

This should work with TimeWarner Cable Boxes just fine.

I have the older model of this same remote - gray not silver. bought about two years ago at BB. I have never been able to fully control my Scientific Atlanta HD Time Warner cable box with this. I tried all their codes and their tech support. I can move up through channels but not down It is cumbersome to get channel info.

All of my other devices worked just fine with it including my 55" Toshiba and I liked the simple macros - but because of the cable box I will never buy this remote again even if they have fixed their Scientific Atlanta algorithm!

Take a deep breath kiddies.
The woot off does not end come midnight, it ends when it feels like it. So shut up with the “an end to a great woot off” crap.

COME ON!!! you’re breaking my balls woot, you’re breaken my balls.

A little stat for everyone: the last BOC was on February 14th, ironically at the previous Woot-Off.

Can anyone elaborate? Apparently I’m a w00tz0r n00bz0r and I need a hint… lol… apparently its equivalent to the bag of crap? I know about that one…

I’ll tell you what, I have a fairly expensive sony touch screen remote and it is annoying as hell. There is no tactile feel for the buttons and you pretty much have to look at the remote to use it. I am a TIVO user and you know how important the remote is. I’m going to give this a shot, it has to be better than a touch screen. And hey if it sucks I’m out 20 bucks?!?!?

Bought one of these two weeks ago and it has been awesome. Very easy to program. it literally took 2-3 minutes. I got my digital cable, TV, and DVD player remotes all in the trash thanks to this bad boy. It lights up at night also, makes it easy to see when you are putting on a movie to go to sleep to. As a multiple Wooter, I highly recommend for only $15…

Can someone please enlighten me to what a ‘learning remote’ is? quickly?

Bought two from here last week. First one has one button that won’t “learn” and second one has two buttons that won’t "learn. Called the RCA number and got voice recording that said they don’t even recognize the Model number! No help at all. Run as fast as you can from these.

I bet it wont control the TIVO from Direct TV that was sold earlier

what the hell would i want this remote for?

to change the channel on your TV?

So lemme see, “Sold Out” turns out to be a term of art, right? Roughly synonymous with “We’ll try this again in a couple days.”

If it is a learning remote you should be able to program any of the buttons to do anything you want??? At least that’s how my sony is.

Will it control my i Pod?