RCA Lyra 1GB MP3 player with FM Modulator

I bought 2 of the 256 meg versions of these from woot a while back for my kids. Good player for the money. It’s no iPod, but they haven’t broken yet, which is saying something, given how my kids treat them.

The FM transmitter is better than most too. Works better than others I’ve owned.

can anyone tell me what a woot-off is and when or how it ends? thanks!

i would buy this, but i have a 30 gig ipod and i built a fm modulator with a car charger out of one with AAA batteries and an old cell phone car charger

Well, 1GB and expandable. I wonder how big an SD card you can put in this?

SOOO MANY MP3 PLAYERS…

Froogle: $75.00 (no tuner)
Amazon : $99.99

Buy.com: $132.99

Good price, but dear god if you needed an MP3 player you’ve probably bought one earlier.

How high will the sizes go? How low the prices? Only Woot! knows for sure.

Bought the 256MB version as a present. DH was sooooo happy with it. The joystick control is great for people with big hands, much better than the tiny scroll-wheel thingys on other players. That was the reason I chose the Lyra and it’s been a good decision. Also, it does take 1GB cards and I don’t doubt it can also take 2GB but, just for readibility when trying to scroll through to find a specific album, I’d stick with 1GB.

The 256MB version came with freebie songs and a link to emusic.com. The site rocks and I’m now a paying member, so thank you Woot Claus! :))

I’m down for one because I think they look so ugly they’re cool!

They pop up unexpectedly and never know how long they last . BUT think when lights go out (on side of sliding bar) that is the end …

Suds

oh I know what happend dgloff. You forgot to add the +100 at the end of your equation :slight_smile: Better luck next time. I am still curious about how you try and figure it out.

Bought finally one that was new.Is what I was waiting for.But what the hell is up with that picture when u click on photo

we have no life…

How many of these items have not been a woot within the past month and a half (since the last woot-off). I am waiting and hoping for something in particular but if it is all going to just be a rehash of the non sellout woots I am wasting my time.

Well now I have 5 new mp3 players within the past 48hrs. I just cant stop…

24mm by 32mm by 2.1mm

I also bought the 256k model, and it’s generally been fine. Two caveats: the FM radio is poor, even in mono, and I hear a faint scratchy noise in the left channel whn soft music is playing. It is firmware upgradeable (mine, anyway). I’m thinking of buying this and selling the 256k at work.

The controls are fine, you can change screen display colors (purple is nice), and you can even invert the display to read it while wearing it on your pants.

he opened up a magic 8 ball, took out the pyramids with words on them and replaced with them numbers :slight_smile:

how is the speed to first wooter -4 seconds? wtf…

Bought the 512 a while back. No problems whatsoever. It does take a 1GB card. And the battery life is huge. 1 battery lasted me like 2 months. And the modulator isn’t bad either.

I want a cute little furry tree-dwelling rodent of my own.

WORLD CUP AND misc. crap …there are 165 left if you subtraction the % sold from the last time revealed and divide by the approximate location of the yellow bar it extremely easy to figure it out…Ithink 150 % of Wooter stick around for the bag of crap or other useless dings hoping for a bargain but get more pissie junk…well on to OZ or is that Wonderland or maybe a date with Sharon Stone’s daughter.

No life at all…