RCA Lyra 256MB MP3 player with FM Modulator

256 MB, so so, now 512 I would have grabbed it, 256 MB just kinda tiny in 2006!
Kinda like a 1.4 MB floppy disk in 2005

I think I might break this thing if I hold it in my hands. No thanks.

That has got to be the most lo-fi FM Modulator I have ever seen. I think I had a more modern looking one 8 years ago.

That must make it hip. Sign me up if there are still some left in the morning

I am not happy with my FM Modulator in Los Angeles . IF you live in the country, it should be fine. However, if you live in big cities where there are many radio statation, your FM radio may pick up signals from other FM stations.

However, this woot is cheap

love the rf modulator that only works with a cigarette lighter. Note to self: if I need radio in my car, I will TURN ON THE RADIO.

Silly.

MP# looks pretty fresh, 'cept that trying-to-be-retro red background

not bad atleast for the fm modulator, tho im not sure how much they run, it seems a fair price. also SD card expansion… hmm… i may actually get it o.O

Hmm, Ok i guess, but it could be better, Like not looking so ugly.

Ok so, you plug this in your cigarette lighter and you can play the fm radio and mp3s on it. My girlfriends stereo is broken would this work that way or am i way off?

Not bad, but I already have an iRiver H320. So I’ll pass.

I LIKE IT! With the expansion via an SD card, you can load MP3 or WMAs via the PC card reader - and it makes a nice portable car MP3 player bundle.

Good woot!

Not rechargable…Not worth it

pretty cool woot. i have one. i like it

Yes, but I think that icuc22too’s question was how much memory can you add?

Yeah. That’s what I meant… I meant to ask what is the biggest size flash card you can stick in the player? Many players have size limitations.

I bought the RCA Lyra 1080 a couple of years ago (only 128 mb) and I’ve been very pleased. It holds enough songs to last a long gym workout. And, its a lot less pricey than an Ipod so if it gets lost, stolen or damaged, not big deal. It’s like a disposable MP3 Player.

Now can I have my BOC???

If the tuner works on the stereo - this is perfect for you. Note that the transmitter will also work with any portable CD player too.

Not a bad looking woot, but not what I’m looking for tonight…

But it gave me a GREAT idea for a future woot: an iPod charger/FM transmitter…ok, so most of you probably already have one or else don’t want one, but for ME, it would be a GREAT woot! :o)

I bought the last RCA Lyra woot (the 1.5 GB one) and the thing crapped out on me after only a few months. Not that it was any good while it worked though. For this price though it may be worth the risk and disposibility.

Anyone know if you are stuck using MusicMatch with this thing? I am in the market for a small portable music player, specifically to modify for use in a pool.

-Matt

Not too shabby… Cheapest FM Modulator I’ve seen in a retail store is $30 by itself (or $20 for the casette adapter, which I like way more). $50 (newegg.com) or $57.99 (price for RadioShack’s, on sale) for a 1GB SD card for the expandable slot. Under $100 and you’ve got a 1GB MP3 player w/ screen and FM Modulator. Really not too shabby.