RCA Lyra 256MB MP3 player with FM Modulator

I bought mine last time around. I still use it and it still works fine. 1 AAA battery and it lasts along time. I believe the documentation says it can take up to a 512MB SD memory card, but I use a 1GB SD card and it works great. Awesome Christmas present.

I got one last time, and it’s still chugging away, I use it as an sd card writer more than anything else, and it works great for that. sound quality isn’t spectacular, but the battery life has been very good. and the radio picks up signals as well as my cars. My one complaint is that the fm modulators range is a little shorter than I’d like, but I had it going on 2 cars (mine and my parents) simultaneously going down the highway

Yeah, I dont know where youre looking, but 1gb SD cards have barely cracked $30, name-brand at least.

If it breaks (hint hint) send it to RCA and they send you a 512MB player, with SD, but be warned, keep the FM modulator (works pretty good) before you send it to RCA they will not return it…My wife loves hers, and so does my son. I wish I knew if my Boss would like one, great price too. But like I said if you want 512MB then this can be one if you pay attention to me…

I bought one of these the last time they had them here. The player and the radio function are good. The FM modulator has poor quality audio thru my car stereo, however. Still, for the money, it’s been a good deal. The interface for playing the internal memory vs. the SD card memory is a bit tricky to navigate, however. They say you need the included software to play music with this, but you don’t need it for the SD card memory.

The last time this sold, iit went for 39.99

Is this upggradable ? Does it have CF/ or Flash memory slot ?

I got this last time it was up. Works great for me. For those worried about the 256MB size, if you look at the previous listing in the forum, you’ll see people are dropping in the 2GB SD cards (about $40 at newegg) into it.

The FM transmitter is OK, works and sounds about like any other FM transmitter I have used, which is to say you may get bleed through from the stations near the channel you select.

OOH! An under-dash Realistic(R) 8-Track player! Wow, Quadraphonic is gonna be so slick now in the new '72 Caddy! What could they possibly invent better than this?

Thanks anyways woot, but these should be in the BOCs. 256MB is like having a 3-ounce coffee cup. Just aint enough even for casual users.

/posting to see what bee- oh- sea- gets filtered as

Bought this a while ago… Worked well for hooking it up to an ambulance with an FM radio for those long nights of cruising around drinking coffee…

Well can see the i-pod snobs are out in force. Bought the 1 gig during woot off and have to say I like it . Is easy to use has belt clip along with a neck lanyard.The battery powers it for quite a while. The earplugs suck , but have never liked the ear bud type.If you feel like hearing something other than what you have on it always have fm.Love being able to record from radio. You can chose onboard or sd to store.

It’s a shuffle, and its not expandable, and last I checked, they didn’t have an fm tuner or modulator

I got one of these in the last woot-off and I love it.I’ve got a couple 512MB SD cards I picked up cheap that I keep a variety of tunes/audio books on.That pretty much covers all my needs.It’s got an FM modulator so you can blast through your car speakers.

Too small for me. Nice price if you need it but I would only small album on it @ 120kbps.

For everyone complaining about the memory… Add more! SD cards are cheap. I bought this set from Woot a couple of months ago. I have a 1GB SD card in mine and it works fine. The radio transmitter just quit on me the other day, not sure if it’s under warranty. I don’t see a warranty listed on this one (maybe I’m blind). Another complaint is that the player is very slow to boot and navigate. Except for the transmitter, I would recommend this for an inexpensive player though.

Bought the 512 awhile back and haven’t had any problems with it. I just use it as a cheap MP3 player that I keep in my car. Did purchase a 1GB SD card for it and it works fine with that. The only thing that I would change about it is that while listening to a song you can’t scroll around and search for another one to play next. Otherwise no complaints. Even has a REALLY long battery life. Worth it for the cheap price.

The price is worth it just for the card slot. Sure, I own a shiny new 30GB iPod Video, but would I take that thing jogging with me? The volume is a little bit low, and mine, for whatever reason, will seem to light up whenever it’s pleased to do so, but I’m satisfied with it. It’s a great secondary player… not just for exercise, either, it stands well on it’s own.

But I gotta know, WILL a 2 or 4 GB SD card work in this thing?

Already have 3…and we are all happy with them. Now getting two more as gifts for young cousins.

This is EXACTLY what I need to know, I have an A-data 2GB and 4GB both 150x…
If it will work with those, I’ll woot one, what the heck…

This player can take an SD card, amd that makes it much nicer than the fixed capacity players. I have a 2 Gig SD card (bought originally for a digicam) that I use with it.

The modulator works, but it’s mediocre.