RealXGear Xtreme Large Cooling Towel 2pk

Wow, I just clicked on my Woot “stuff you bought” link, and it turns out I’ve been buying worthless c-p on here since 2007. Kids, stay in school. Don’t drop out. You’ll end up like me…

Edited: Dear God above, I’ve actually been buying worthless c-p on here since 2006. Seriously, kids. Don’t try this one at home. Get an education. Don’t drop out of school just so you can stay awake for 3 days straight to monitor a Woot-Off.

Tell me, dear Woot Gods. WTF did I buy a US Robotics USB Internet Phone from Woot back in 2007? I can’t even remember owning it, or what I did with it after I bought it.

I bought these on a previous Woot and used them all during the summer. They are AWESOME! Takes a few minutes to get the maximum cool…has to start the evaporation process…then it feels like an air conditioner. These are a lifesaver here in the south.

I use these doo-rags in the gym to cool myself during spinning class, replacing the wet rag I usually use. If you wring the water out reasonably well, they will feel cooler than a wet rag, but will not have the same heat transfer capability (e.g. feels like it is warming up faster). I have to wring the rag with still a bit of water left, and rely on my dripping sweat thoughout the workout to make it wetter so it becomes more effective…but then because it also starts dripping, thus I would also have to bring another doo-rag, fully wringed, in order to wipe myself after the workout.

Oh my gosh tell me two for tuesday is back

I bought a pair of these last summer, and while I can’t speak to how well they work (they didn’t seem to work very well for me, but I only used them once), I can tell you that they smell really bad!

Ya know, I was just thinking: with this snow storm moving in, I could sure use an Xtreme Large Cooling Towel or two.

Bought these last June. My daughter and teammates used them during summer soccer tournaments. They worked for cooling off the girls, but only lasted the summer. I washed them on the gentle cycle and air dryed them and they fell apart after 3 - 4 washings.

I ordered two packs of these last time they were on sale. I gave one to my mom who works in her yard every day. Not impressed. The “coolness” last about 60 seconds at best. The only thing I found that helps is to wet it and then put it in the fridge while you’re working up a sweat. It’s much cooler when you use it that way and lasts a few minutes.

The morning commute may be slick this morning… resulting from
blowing and drifting of snow. West winds could gust to 30 to 40 mph at times. Expect open areas and ridge tops to have
the highest winds and therefore most blowing snow potential. Allow
extra time for traveling. [And don’t forget your cooling towel! Season’s Greetings from Minnesota!]

We love these towels. They really work. My wife works out a lot and love to wrap them around her neck. When I cut the lawn I wear it around my neck also and it keeps me real cool. Thank you WOOT for having them.
Sam

They work!
They’re very soft and they’re good for drying off your car after a good wash. I guess it keeps my car cool, but someone would have to ask it to be sure.

Reviews seem pretty mixed on these. I can say that I love mine. I don’t wash and dry them. Just rinse them out very good and hang them to dry and have used it several times over the past year without a problem.

If it’s really hot and humid out without much breeze they don’t help that much. Just like when you sweat you need some air and evaporation to keep this and yourself cool. Taking it off and just flapping it in the air cools it back off quickly.

I worked for 4 days straight in the hot sun in July and probably would be dead if these didn’t help keep me cool.

I’m just wondering if anyone still responds to the service woot anymore? I emailed that my order was wrong Dec 3rd. No response in two days, emailed again. Still no response. I’ve been a wooter for years this is the first time I’ve never gotten any sort of contact back except for the automated response. Anyone else having this problem?

I purchased these for the summer camping trip with the family, and we were all SO thankful to have them. We wound up sharing the 6 that we had with some friends that had joined us. These things were awesome. I keep some on the boat for hot fishing trips. Like a previous poster said, just thoroughly rinse out by hand before putting away.

Margot Kidder approved!

This appears to be nothing more than your typical chamois ($6.99 on Amazon with Prime). Maybe I’m missing something? But if there is a bag o crap involved, the value certainly just went up.

I’m going to be checking with CS, but if you want, please feel free to PM me more information about what’s wrong, you can do so here.

Thank you! I did!

Keeps your body 20 degrees cooler? So if I wrap myself up in one,and take my temp, it will be 78.6? Wouldn’t that be hypothermia?

I live in Florida and these are useless. They work in low humidity environments.