Rechargable DC 12 Volt Power Brick Car/Cell/Notebook power

Just got my order in. Looks like a pretty sweet deal guys.

I would guess that you can’t recharge it with that type of charger though bud. :frowning:

I have an older laptop with hard to find batteries. If I bought a power inverter would this be a feasible replacement for my hard to get original laptop batteries? I know it is heavy…but would battery life be too little to warrant it?

The original sony laptop (333mhz 14 inch screen) used a li-ion battery that costs $200.

I don’t know about rechargable alkaline, but NiMH batteries are only 1.2V.

Hello. Thanks for fixing the ordering problem, but it was occuring last night as well. I could not order one of the TiVos you had for sale then. It’s a bit off topic, but I was wondering if there’s anything I can do to get one. I created 3 accounts, and tried 3 credit cards, and they all errored. Nothing I could do went through. Delete this post if you think it shouldn’t be here.

Thanks, Brian

For the guy doing the math. 9x1.5 = 13.5 which is the normal charging voltage of a
12 volt battery.

a lead acid battery is 2.25 volts / cell x 6 cells - 13.5 volts. So to fully charge the
lead acid battery in your car the alternater puts out 14 or so volts or 13.5 plus. somthing
over 13.5 so current will flow up until the battery if fully charged.

ok so alkalines or any AA battery pretty much puts out about 1 amp maximum until it’s
internal resistance begins to affect it’s output. So since 1 amp at 13.5 volts isn’t much
they put 3 banks together to make it put out 3 or so amps.

3 amps at 13.5 volts is about 40 watts. Most small like computers or cell phones or
anything you can hold in your hand would probably run for an hour or two or three on
40 watts of power.

That’s the way I see it.

andre

Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I tried to buy the keyboard that they were selling and they sent me a cheap scanner. I sent the scanner back and they said that they were going to resend the keyboard and never did. Meanwhile, I contacted my credit card company and they said that Woot.com tried to bill me twice for the keyboard that I never received. Needless to say, it is disputed. I have tried to contact Woot many times about this and I do not get a response. Please everyone - do not deal with them. They will take advantage of you. I have given them at least 3 warnings for them to respond without me posting a message about it on this board but I think it is time to tell people about it now.

I had an old Auto Car Battery Charger around and it charges them pretty good.Plus it cost me less than $12 when I bought it new.

got mine the other day, what can I say, they worked right out of the box like they were supposed to. Now I just have to figure out what the hell to do with them. :shock:

Same day as the mouse. Now I have to decide if I should bust it open or use it as a car battery recharger. Maybe I’ll break one open and save one for emergencies.

bricks are for bats[quote] :roll: [/quote] :shock:

ok, what the hell do i do with these bricks?
i can’t plug anything in it…unless i have some random adapter that fits in that copper hole. wtf?!

and when i opened the yellow brick (which i dont think we’re supposed to do) there’s like a bunch of batteries literally GLUED together.

i don’t get it…

[quote user=“chanimal”]ok, what the hell do i do with these bricks?
i can’t plug anything in it…unless i have some random adapter that fits in that copper hole. wtf?!

and when i opened the yellow brick (which i dont think we’re supposed to do) there’s like a bunch of batteries literally GLUED together.

i don’t get it…[/quote]

that copper hole your looking at is known to the older crowd here as a cigarette lighter receptacle. You know, the thing you charge your cell phone with in your dads car.
I saw the charge-it police hanging out with the mattress tag removal cops down by the donut shop, so if you’re quick, and reassemble your charge-it perfectly, maybe you won’t get caught. Oh - watch the glue - earlier post said it’s radioactive.

Test

from http://www.softwareandstuff.com/misc_rechrg12v.html

Product Description: Power It" portable 12V power supply.

The Power It can be recharged by either plugging into an auto’s cigarette lighter port for up to 2 hours while driving, or over night with the Power It AC charger (sold separately).

The Power It is capable of powering many 12v devices such as camcorders, cell phones, emergency lights, 12v radios, 12v TV’s, etc., virtually any thing that can be plugged into a cigarette lighter can be powered by the Power It. The Power It is a small convenience device; however, it has its limitations. Many high current 12v devices will not be powered by the Power It, see the Power It’s instructions for limitations.

only few bucks cheaper than others.
anyway, it’s still a nice deal for those who need it.

well folks, this was not supposed to be todays item. I’ll have to talk to BigD to find out what happened. [edit: looks like we know what happens when two items both have same date now]

anyways, since this item is up and without a good description, I need to explain that this is 2 of the power bricks for 10 bucks. **Inside each power brick is 27 aa rechargable alkaline batteries (rayovac in the ones we opened). **Therefore, this is 54 rechargable alkaline batteries inside of two 12 volt dc power adapter/chargers. At $1+ value each rechargable alkaline battery (anyone care to research?) we thought it was a decent deal…

you will get 2 of the power adapters per unit order, so if you select 2 on the order page, you will get 4, and if you select 3 you will get 6 for $30. (this was intended when we planned the item for a later date, so anyone already ordering doesn’t need to contact us - you will get 2 units per unit that you ordered)

Alkaline rechargeables? I thought rechargeables were NiMH or Ni-Cad.

here’s a link to staples store with the battery model that we found inside the charge-its. admittedly, it was a pain in the butt to crack one of the charge-its open (please excuse butt and crack proximity) but at least we don’t have to buy batteries in our office for a while. Also of note, these come fully charged just like a non-rechargable alkaline.

no hype intended here, but that’s $2.44 per battery at staples, times 54 that’d $132. there’s gotta be cheaper battery sources out there though right? At $10 that’s 19 cents per fully charged (and rechargable if you have another charger or can figure out how to load them back into the casing) alkaline battery.

I would buy a couple of these, but your form keeps telling me to enter a CC number even after I typed it in. I’ve tried 2 separate cards. What gives? :?:

Is the AC charger or any other adapters included?