Recipe Exchange I - Appetizers

Recipe Exchange I- Appetizers
Recipe Exchange II- Soups, salads, and salad dressings

Anyone want to participate in a recipe exchange? Might have to do it via PMs to make sure that people that want to get recipes also give recipes. Unlike my real life friends. grumble

Sure, sounds like fun! I don’t mind posting recipes here, even if I don’t get any back.

Unfortunately, the only recipes I use are printed on the box . . .

Not true. You gave me a chicken recipe a while back.

1. CALIENTE el horno a 450 °F. (No se recomienda usar horno de microondas.)
  2. COLOQUE la pizza en la parilla intermedia del horno.
  3. HORNEE la pizza. La pizza estará lista cuando se derrita el queso del centro.

sigh

Wanna borrow my smacker?

It’s not written down . . . it was shootin’ from the hip . . . I probably told you more how to do it than what goes in it . . . I probably wouldn’t tell ya the exact same way twice.

I’m going to have to have a word with Miss 1 in a few years.

Cooking a frozen Mexican pizza?!?

edit: heat oven to 450 . . . microwave not recommended

place it on a middle rack

it’s ready when the cheese is melted in the center . . . sorta . . .

serve with Miller Lite or MGD

I got this off the Internet somewhere a few years ago. It’s been very popular at parties.

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

INGREDIENTS
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup red hot sauce
1 cup or more of Shredded Cheddar or Four Cheese Blend

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and red hot sauce.
  3. Fold in chicken.
  4. Spread mixture into pie plate sprayed with Pam
  5. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes
  6. Add cheddar to top and bake and additional 10-15 minutes
  7. Serve hot with Frito Scoops, tortilla chips or celery sticks.

Notes:

Chicken: Can chicken seems to add a metallic taste. I used 2 packages of Louis Rich Grilled Chicken Strips (ready to eat) and that worked great. If you want more chicken, you could easily use 3 packages.

Red Hot Sauce: I used Franks Red Hot Sauce. Some said they used Buffalo Wing sauce or added Tabasco to make it hotter. I don’t like my food that hot.

Amount: One batch will fill a medium-sized crock pot. Don’t fill the pie pan too full when you bake it because it expands while cooking. I found a square pan worked better than a round pan for some reason.

Okay. We’re starting with appetizers.

WAFFLE POTATOES

1 pkg frozen waffle potatoes
1 small bottle Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
Green onions (@ 1/3 cup)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

Broil waffle potatoes according to package directions until brown

Pour dressing over potatoes

Sprinkle green onions over

Sprinkle with cheese

Return to broiler till cheese bubbles

Daj, most of my family doesn’t like “hot” at all. Would it still be good without it?

I suggest we leave it at appetizers for at least three or four days and keep bumping it. Maybe Tenn or Coffee or someone that doesn’t show up a lot will see it.

I was going to copy sisterC’s cheesecake recipe over here to make it easier to find later (yum!) Should I wait until we get to desserts?

Yep.

Man, lots of rules here.

Here’s a stupidly-simple appetizer that’s been a big hit at several parties. These are also great left-over the next day for breakfast…

“Sausage Thingies”

Brown 2 “tubes” of sausage (I usually use one regular and one hot), drain grease. Mix in 1 pack of Velveeta Cheese (1lb, I do believe) and stir until well melted. Scoop onto those small 2" square breads (cocktail bread - flavor of your choosing). Put in oven to toast the bread and slightly brown the top (7-8 minutes at 350, I do believe, just keep an eye on them).

Here’s what I mean by “tube” of sausage

http://www.jimmydean.com/images/jd_product_fsausage.jpg