Recipe Exchange I - Appetizers

Sounds great.

Write them down if they’re too hard to remember.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sealx/icons_smilies/face-laugh.png

One of our favorites is ham or turkey lunchmeat smeared with cream cheese and rolled around a piece of pickled asparagus. Yummy.

Here’s another appetizer that’s been popular at parties. I think it was one of the winners of that cooking contest (Pillsbury?) I’m sure it’s had a better name, but our family now calls them:

Pizza Balls

2 rolls of refrigerated pizza crust
8 oz package of mozzarella cheese, cut into 48 pieces
Pepperoni slices
1/4 c Olive oil
1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
Parmesan cheese
Jar of pizza sauce

Unroll and press out each pizza crust and cut into 24 squares (I use a pizza cutter (ironic, huh) and it works really well). Put a piece of cheese and pepperoni on each square and roll it into a ball. Place them seam side down into a greased baking dish.

Combine the oil and seasoning, then pour over the pizza balls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or so (until browned). Warm up the pizza sauce and serve it on the side.

Okay, I’m officially hungry! And craving pizza balls :wink: Going to find something for dinner.

Here’s the official recipe: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=12341

Can you buy pickled asparagus?

I make one something like that.

Take small dill pickles and wrap them completely in cream cheese. Chill for a while. Then wrap a slice of cooked ham around it and slice them. Yummy!

You can buy pickled asparagus, they come in a jar. I’ve seen mostly small jars, but a big one once at costco. I think they are in the canned veggies aisle at the market.

You might use something less hot. I don’t like hot either but this is good. I think it would need something but you could try it.

Thanks, Selli.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

I give up. How do you say your name?

My Dad’s Boss’s wife showed me this at a party.

Super quick beanless dip
1 small block Velveta cheese product
1 can beanless chili

Cut Velveta into squares. Pour can of chili into pan. Heat. Dump in Velveta until melted.
Serve warm

I am writing it from memory and haven’t made it in quiet a while, so adjust the cheese to chili ratio as you see fit.

That one’s easy.

SAUCE FOR MEATBALLS

1 can cranberry sauce
1 jar chili sauce
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. prepared mustard

//as a NY Italian, I have to run from this one
//runs far, far, away

I missed the rule where they had to be complicated recipes.

I think I’d agree with you on the Frank’s Red Hot, much as I’m a fan of Texas Pete… when Hardee’s was doing a Buffalo chicken sandwich, they were highly promoting their use of Frank’s Red Hot, and that worked really well as a buffalo sandwich… Texas Pete just isn’t a buffalo chicken flavor…

Remember, this is an appetizer; not a meal, not a sandwich. Like Swedish meatballs. Next week for card club I’m making cherry meatballs. I’ll let you know how they turn out.

No, no, no; the easier, the better.