Recipe Exchange IV - Pork

Does anyone here grill pork chops? If so, how?

This can be served over pasta or on hoagie buns (my preference)

ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND ONIONS

6 links sweet Italian sausage
2 Tbls. Butter
1 yellow onion, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
½ cup white wine

Brown sausage well on all sides
Remove from skillet and slice

Melt butter in skillet

Stir in onions and garlic, cook 2 to 3 minutes.

Mix in peppers, basil and oregano.

Stir in white wine.

Cook until onions and peppers are tender.

Return sausage to skillet, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.

I just rub in seasoning (usually Season All because it’s fast) and slap them on the grill for about 4-5 on the first side and less on the 2nd side. Yummy. Nothing fancy here.

I only grill the thick ones . . . (preferably boneless and not butterflied)

Marinate/season to taste (worcestershire or teriyaki or whatever)

medium-hot coals

Grill first side 7-8 minutes; flip and grill second side 4-5 mins. (varies according to thickness)

Thanks to both.

oops. was dripping water on keyboard…

i grill my chops but at the same time i set a foil bag on the grill (make it using foil and common sense) filled with pineapple cubes, various colored sweet peppers, onions and any other veggie you may want. to the bag add enough butter to make a little pool when melted (about 1/3 stick give or take) and you can add either brown sugar or fake brown sugar again to taste (1 tablespoon maybe)…

oh i season chops with garlic and pepper. you can marinade them with teriaki or soy sauce also.

while this is grilling i have rice cooking in the microwave. i usually serve with snap peas too.

hmm, that sounds good. The fruit and veggies are hot by the time the chops are done?

sorry i forgot to mention something…i place the bag directly on the lava rocks on one side. the side i cook the chops on is set to med hot and the veggie side just medium. i put the veggies on at the same time. i usually cook the thick chops like gman.

Husband uses charcoal, but probably can figure this out. Thanks.

hell poof…if husband will cook let him fix it anyway he wants!

i almost forgot but when the kids were little i used to cook chops in a covered frying pan with cream of mushroom soup. tbls oil in pan…add chops and brown (you can add onion now too) and then pour a can of cream of mushroom soup over chops and cover till done. putting heat down to 2 (gas stove) probably takes 30 minutes or so to cook. kids liked the thinner chops! you can sub kraut and cook that way too. again i use garlic and pepper to season. good with homemade mashed taters or tater tots for the kids. add a can of green beans and hot rolls or bread and butter and it’s a meal!

Not a chance. It’s only been recently I’ve been able to convince him pork and chicken don’t have to be on the grill for a half an hour to be done.

i have one of those insta read thermometers! i don’t cook anything longer than it needs for saftey. handy for grilling. indoor grilling and i can feel the doneness of a piece of meat.

Yeah, I got him one of those fork thingies. It’s helped.

just got done and am eating some on toasted garlic roll. fabulous!!! just like i order in little italy! i used four colors of peppers (red, green, orange and yellow).

excellent recipe poof! will make this often! thanks.

Glad you liked it. The original recipe called for a green bell pepper, too, but I like the taste of the other ones better.

Most Italians wouldn’t use butter. You would use olive oil.

You don’t get thrown in the slammer for changing a recipe to suit your tastes.

i didn’t see that but i did use about a tablespoon of EVOO to brown the sausages first. the butter really made for nice veggies though! i’m going to eat another sausage and i never eat more than one.

geeze double entendre…brothers…not an invitation to make any comments!

You didn’t slice them?