Red Cross Solar/Turbine Powered Weather Radio

Is the NiMH battery replaceable?

Hello Wooters! My name is Amanda and I work for Eton. I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I will be monitoring the feed today to answer any questions.

As for the NiMH battery, it is not replaceable on this model.

So once the battery stops being able to be re-charged this radio will no longer work? For how many hours will the battery in this last?

On average, NiMH batteries have a life cycle of about 500-1,000 charges. On a full charge, this battery will power the radio for 4-5 hours of low volume play. Cranking for 90 seconds (at 120 rpm) will result in 30-40 minutes of low volume play.

Normally I would jump on this deal, but shipping from Woot has been bad recently. Just bought 3 Philips LED TVs from Woot, and 2 of them arrived damaged. Sent email to Woot support, and no response since last Friday. Quality of service is really going downhill after Amazon took over.

I agree. I JUST got an email from Woot support in response to a message I sent 6 days ago (they say they’ll respond in 24hrs). I ordered several items in mid-November and it took a lot longer than advertised to get them and one of em never showed up! Woot says it was lost in the mail, and they don’t have any replacements. I’ve been promised a refund, but I just lost out on the deal–and the chance to find a comparable deal on Black Friday. Thanks Amazon