Red Zeppelin Winery Black Zeppelin - 2 Pack

If the inside of the tank becomes covered in tartrates (as they often are after a few years’ use) then of course there’s no wood flavor - the problem is sanitation because there are so many hospitable environments for bad yeasts and microbes. On a related subject, one of my best friends used to have a party hacienda in Sedona complete with a huge hot tub, which was invariably corked. He switched from chlorine to bromine; it didn’t help. I would imagine that a redwood hot tub might be difficult to keep clean!

Well, wooters, I must be off to work - checking on the 08 and 09 Gill Syrahs, and then a wine dinner in Silicon Valley - not a euphemism! And I’m starving - we were at another winemaker’s house last night, and there was of course lots of fabulous swill, but as he used junk mail to help the BBQ along, I wasn’t too keen on the finished product. That said, I will be offline through the end of the Black Zeppelin sale, so LISTEN UP!

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, CALL OR TEXT MY CELL PHONE! 805-550-6492.

THANKYOUVERYMUSH AND BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ‘FRIENDS, FAMILY, FANS AND STALKERS’ WINE NON-CLUB BY EMAILING ME AT STILLMANB@AOL.COM.

IT’S NOT A BALLOON! IT’S AN AIRSHIP! BALLOONS IS FOR KIDDIEVINKIES! IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH BALLOONS, GO OUTSIDE!

It hurts my fingers to type in all caps.

Thank you for your absolutely wonderful participation! You’re both helpful and a lot of fun.

Stillman, you’re the best and most loquacious interlocwooter since… that guy from Red Zeppelin last time! !

Done!

We need a clue WD!! And quick. We are obviously losing our minds!!! :happy:

I’ve never seen that stuff in a 750, only in the half-pints and pints sold in the sorts of liquor stores where the clerk is behind bars and plexiglass and you pass your money through a tray and get your pint…

OK, it’s not part of this offering but I just had a bottle of the Red Zeppelin 2005 Syrah from the Jan 2010 woot offering. My ‘rat’ report on that is “YUM”! Had it with a venison steak, marinated and rubbed with a pepper/garlic/spices rub, and a simple brown rice and sauteed mushrooms side. Out of the bottle it was dark purplish color with great legs, and I have no nose so all I can say is that it was superb. The taste smoothed out a bit over 2 hours but I enjoyed it without decanting or a Vinturi (sp?) pourer.

It’s my first bottle from that 3 bottle offering so being in for 2 I have 5 left and can’t wait to try another. The Black Zeppelin from 2005 was completely different - according to the bottle a blend of Syrah Noir, Alicante Bouchet and Cabernet Sauvignon. Sounds like a Christmas drink to me!

HAHA… where else do you see participation like this?? Has anyone texted him yet??

Well, thanks very much Scott !

Winedavid39 (accidentally using Winefarm’s handle)

If anyone is still on the fence about this, let me say that I too opened my 2005 Black Zeppelin on Friday and it prompted me to go in for three on this deal. It is definitely the hit of the trio from earlier.

The 2005 was a real hearty red wine, really nice and smooth character. PS is one of those wines that I have a love it or hate it feeling about. This is one I love.

Stillman is an awesome dude and we are happy to have him here. My last bottle was signed by Stillman because he kindly extended the offer to people who missed out on the previous sale. It was well worth the money.

Rock on and wish yourselves Happy Holidays!

In an earlier thread, some of us discussed ancient wine and beer recipes. This Thursday on Discovery Channel (8 p.m. EST), Dogfish Head brings an episode of Brew Masters titled “Ancient Ale.”

From TV.com:

“Sam and the team at Dogfish Head brew beer called Chateau Jiahu, an ancient recipe from northern China that is nearly 9000 years old. Also, Sam travels to Egypt to recreate beer from Ancient Egypt.”

Is that the clue? SH up next?

Actually, since he made an appearance and comment, quite possibly.

Scott is one of the best, most decent and generous gentlemen you will find in the wine business. If he approves of a winemaker you know it’s a genuine thing.

I hope he follows Stillman here, maybe with some 07 Barbera, Syrah and Zin !

I love PS. The use of the Zeppelin moniker for anything but the original disaster or the iconic band usually leaves me with distrust. The band was that good… But this dialogue has won me over, and this type of personality is what I’ve come to appreciate about wine and the wine community. So, I’m in. Even if this wine sucks (and I’m thinking it won’t), I will be rooting for this vintner to grow and improve every year.

If not a clue …

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/11/14/1010f2da-8be2-46f0-81f7-5d800fdd6d8b.jpg

:tongue:

The ball was bouncing and weekend chores are complete. In for one. Thanks Stillman for your participation!!!

Here’s a good Woot story…unfortunately, it has a bad ending for my fellow wine.wooters…

The only reason I came into work today was because I had to pickup my daughter’s birthday present that I bought on kids.woot a couple of weeks ago (https://sslkids.woot.com/order/status/31981114) and had shipped to my work address. Her birthday is tomorrow. Otherwise, I would have worked from home because our office just underwent a major move and things are still not settled.

When I went to the shipping office to inquire about my daughter’s present…there were boxes crammed into every spot imaginable. For the past few days, they’ve been holding off on deliverying packages since everyone was moving offices from one building to another. However, after I told them that it was my daughter’s birthday tomorrow and that I needed to get her present, they all pitched in and helped search for her package. I told them it was probably a large, heavy box.

After several minutes, one of the workers yelled out that he found it! I was relieved until I saw the box that he pulled out of a large pile…it was way too small for a motorized scooter. However, after I inspected it, I realized that I was the lucky recipient of my first Lab Rat!..the Red Zeppelin from last Friday!

After a few more minutes of searching, they found my daughter’s present, so now I’m doubly happy. I was contemplating taking the rest of the day off to partake in the Red while assembling/testing out the new scooter, but since the Red is no longer available on wine.woot, you’ll all have to wait to get my notes.

Thanks to the powers that be for selecting me and I’m very sorry that I wasn’t able to hold up my end of the bargain. I’ll still post my notes when I taste this bottle (probably not until tomorrow since I’ll be assembling a scooter later tonight). All I cans say now is that the cardboard box looks nice! :slight_smile:

Mark

Thank you very much for your story, and we’ll all look forward to your review. Sometimes we have no control over our postal system. When I’m away (like now)I’ll make sure to let em know I can’t rat (not that I’ve ever been selected!), but this was way beyond your control!

Wow this is already out for delivery. This has got to be a record! Stillman/Wd whatever your smokin keep it up. :happy: