Reininger Walla Walla Trio

a little pricey for me since i just bought in on the Poizon offering. Maybe next week!

The Wine Advocate liked these too. Gave the Cab a score of 90 and the Syrah a 92.

i can pass on this one. means i can buy a bottle or two of ice wine.

hey woot, how about some nice ice wine?? yum!!

I just picked up a few wine coolers (no not bartles and james) off ebay for fairly cheap, keep the wine at a nice 58 degrees and don’t even use fans (thermoelectric Peltier cooler) works great as long as you don’t open it all the time. So if anyone is worried about where to store wine, I suggest getting one and you won’t have to worry about keeping the right temperature in your closet.

And then you can come here and fill it up with woot wine

Can any of the wine.woot staff speculate on how long it would take for this to get to NH? These look like some good wines for holding onto for a couple of years, but I’m going to be out of town next week, and I’m wondering if they would make it here by Friday.

Even though I won’t be participating on this wine.woot I do like the variety. It’s nice to get it changed up every once in awhile. Plus it keeps me from wooting every week as I can set myself a nice price limit.

Friday’s too soon to count on since these originate in CA - they’d ship today but not likely to arrive by Friday. If you’re due back late in the week or at least by the following monday you could order friday/sat/sunday (assuming no sell-out) and at the worst get it on second delivery attempt.

I’m in. These look great. Personally, I’d rather see nicer wines here. I can go buy a J Lohr Cab at the grocery store if I want a decent $15 bottle of wine. In the 8 weeks or so since I found wine.woot, there has been an incredible variety of wine - reds, whites, a rose, expensive, cheap, California, Washington, etc… If you don’t like this week’s offering, don’t buy it - I’m sure something will come along soon that you will like.

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to provide the detailed post. I really appreciate you providing the rating, as well as the month of the magazine issue !

Too bad Wine.Woot doesn’t provide this sort of information for us, with every woot.

Ahhh…hard to pass up this one. Nice combo of three main varieties that all have been rated quite well by a number of the major rating organizations (but of course in the end what is really important is how it tastes to you personally).
My ol’ (actually new) cellar is going to feel the squeeze (apparently my drinking to storage ratio is too low !). Anyway I like Chuck’s statement on the Reininger website: “Our plans are for Reininger Winery to remain relatively small, producing extremely high-quality, sought-after wines.”
Thanks to wine.woot for helping introduce small artisan operations like this !

QUESTION for the owners/vintners: Hi Chuck/Tracy,
Glad to see your goods here on wine.woot! These seem to have some cellaring potential ? What is your opinion on how long each one can age and when do you think they will be at their peak ? Also I see that you use some of the Pepper Bridge grapes…what is your relationship with them (I just ask because they were recently featured here) ?
Thanks !

Ahhh…hard to pass up this one. Nice combo of three main varieties that all have been rated quite well by a number of the major rating organizations (but of course in the end what is really important is how it tastes to you personally).
My ol’ (actually new) cellar is going to feel the squeeze (apparently my drinking to storage ratio is too low !). Anyway I like Chuck’s statement on the Reininger website: “Our plans are for Reininger Winery to remain relatively small, producing extremely high-quality, sought-after wines.”
Thanks to wine.woot for helping introduce small artisan operations like this !

QUESTION for the owners/vintners: Hi Chuck/Tracy,
Glad to see your goods here on wine.woot! These seem to have some cellaring potential ? What is your opinion on how long each one can age and when do you think they will be at their peak ? Also I see that you use some of the Pepper Bridge grapes…what is your relationship with them (I just ask because they were recently featured here) ?
Thanks !

Looks tasty… too bad I have no money. OK, let me cut to the chase. Who is the lucky son of a gun that gets to buy me these delicious bottles of wine?

That’s what I was thinking as well. dammit
I still don’t think I’m going to buy it, but that’s what I said about last week’s as well. haha

How accurate are the notes in the Woot description? The cab sounds to die for, the Merlot pretty yummy, but the Syrah note isn’t doing much to entice me.

Hi hk94 - The full rating description from Wine Advocate is quoted at this link below. They gave it a very respectable “91” :

http://www.northwest-wine.com/reininger-syrah.html

They also say it will be “sensual” (ooo-la-la) over the “next 4-5 years”…as well as “flush with fruit” and “silky” which sounds good to me.

Mediocre?! Adventure was the BEST Atari 2600 game.

It was the rest of the games which sucked.

Does anyone know if wine.woot’s shipping could be a concern? ie. non-temperature controled

they rarely sell out because it comes either direct from the distributor, or direct from the winery. These bottles aren’t sitting in the regular woot warehouse.

shipping can be a concern but mostly in the summer. The packaging is pretty good, four bottles to a box in individual styrofoam holder that provide a good deal of insulation as well as impact protection

Can you list a couple of those websites?

sigh

I’m such a sucker. I bought one of these too.