Reininger on Facebook
Reininger on Twitter
Reininger on Yelp

Previous offers:
2/17/10
7/2/09
1/14/08
2/19/07

Huge fan of Helix. Is this worth the upgrade cost?

Brix and residual sugar for these, please!

Two varietals I don’t currently have. It’s been a long time since I had a merlot… If I like chianti/sangio wines and cab franc, will I be likely to enjoy these?

Is this all that good of a deal? It seems that they can be found for about $25 each.

http://90pluswines.com/Wine/28327368A06/Reininger---Walla-Walla-Valley-Merlot/2006.aspx

http://90pluswines.com/Wine/28327108A07/Reininger---Walla-Walla-Valley-Syrah/2007.aspx

Wow - that’s hard to say. I think you have to try at least a few of any varietal to find out. There are always surprises in store.

Syrahs are pretty big - and you didn’t list the usual biggies in your list. You must have had some - Syrahs are so popular.

It sounds as if you like smooth wines - Merlot can certainly be. Many are quite sweet (and light too).

Using CT, if you search for these wines, DWB has the Merlot for $21.84 and $25.34 for the Syrah. Aside from the Woot shipping being $5, what’s the incentive for buying these at $49.99?

I even found this - Merlot for $21.84 (yes, it’s the Walla Walla appellation). Of course, who else but Woot will ship 2 bottles (or 4, or 6) for $5?

Woot’s shows a picture of a monkey in a tux sipping wine.

Okay - I did spit a little wine on my keyboard when I read that.

FWIW, there were a lot of nice comments on the Helix Pomatia

Man, I need to study/read more. I thought Walla Walla was Australian!

haha. You are hilarious! Confusing Walla Walla with a wallaby? Walla Walla is up here in Washington State, where I live… :slight_smile:

I am glad to see Janae (becausehelovesus) from Sunce is here supporting other wineries. I will admit I am looking forward to receiving the 12 pack from Sunce soon.

Reininger Walla Walla Valley - 2 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 59.800s
Last wooter to woot: becausehelovesus

Doesn’t Paul Hogan also say it in the Crocodile Dundee films?

Here’s a Washington Wine Country Map

and some info on the Walla Walla AVA

Wikipedia

Another Black Tie I cannot buy :frowning:
In KS

I used to live in Washington—on Orcas Island. I’ve had some great Washington Merlots (my Fave varietal, besides Nebbiolo) and I want to try more.

IIrc, he’s from Walkabout Creek and has a friend named Wally.

edit: yes - and in CD2 Wally says “That is the mating call of the jarra jarra bird.”

I’m betting Dundee’s not a Merlot drinker, though.

Orcas Island is beautiful and you probably know there are many excellent Northwest wineries here that make wine not only from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah but Nebbiolo and Tempranillo (and other great varietals). I do like Nebbiolo also. I promise when I make it to your neck of the woods, I will stop by and introduce myself and chat about the Pacific Northwest (and wines)! Glad you are a part of the Woot family.