Remedy Calf Compression Sleeves 9 colors

Saved $3.59 for 2 on Woot vs online from Walmart

I bought a different brand and they definitely help for shin splints on runs. They don’t eliminate them but I can run longer with lesser pain.

Since I travel a lot, I do have concerns about deep vain thrombosis (DVT). It appears these would be a good substitute for regular compression travel socks. In for a pair!

I would think of this item more as a medical device than sports gear, and therefore tax exempt in Pennsylvania. I’m not a runner but bought 3 of these for a circulation condition.

yeah good luck with that on a audit w/out a doctors note for some.

The distinction (besides prescription) is often between the 15-20 vs 25-30, which is normally only available in stockings with a prescription, so yeah, why not? I am bummed they sold out in XL for that reason. I do the footless now.

Absolutly they will help if you scrape the shins too much. I wouldn’t reccomend gliding the bar over them, expecially if you are using a nice rough bar. They are made from synthetic fabrics, so they might catch on any bar nicks. I have a different brand I use for deads, but they are all the same to me. Just what was on sale when I was shopping.

And if you squat as I’d guess you do, a set of thigh compression sleeves will work wonders for DOMS after a sick squat session…

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this actually doesn’t help a ton - I’m concerned about the length being too long. I’m 5’1" with short legs, so… yeah. Don’t really want them if they’re going to be way too long for my calves.

Thanks!

No…it puts you at risk!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/1381574_617983671587174_376717918_n.jpg

What does traveling have to do with DVT?

Sitting in one position for too long increases your risk of DVT. So if, for example, you took a lot of international flights, where you can’t easily get up and walk around for a while, your risk is increased. The same also applies to things like long bus rides. At one point in my life, I was taking Greyhound from Pittsburgh to Milwaukee every weeekend (my mom was in the hospital there), including a stretch between either Pittsburgh and Chicago or Cleveland and Chicago without stopping. Her doctors were really concerned about that, because it was basically 12 hours straight sitting in a bus seat.

Whether you have shin problems or not, these are great for running and recovering. They will also keep you warm on your Winter long run.

They are usually very expensive, that’s why I’m in for 2 here!

you can double them over if they are too long.

I love my Zensah sleeves and I’ll wear them for some marathons as well as ultras or IMs. They do make an impact on recovery. I’m not sure if I trust this Walmart-ish brand though, and it’s $2 more expensive than Walmart with Ship To Store. Awkward. Compression sleeves are really big in the triathlon community, and they are becoming a lot more popular in the running community as well. The nice thing about sleeves rather than compression socks is that you can wear the sleeves during your swim, and not have to put them on in transition. You also don’t have to worry about socks wearing out, and you can wear your favorite socks with these sleeves rather than using the sock that comes with it.

When you order these, make sure that you get the sizing correctly if you plan to run in them. If you buy them too small, they can actually give you shin splints rather than help. But even in that case, you can still use these for a nice tight recovery sleeve.

As an RN I would strongly advise against using these for ankle in a job situation. The open foot design would have some what of a tourniquet effect causing the feet and ankle to swell below the sleeve and not allow swelling where the sleeve covers

The sleeves benefit runners in two ways. 1) they hold the soft tissue in place and prevent the bouncing that strains muscles and tendons and. 2). The compression w/ the pumping motion of the calf muscles really pump the blood through. Oh yeah, the warm thing and the styling thing too but I’m just talking nurse talk.

Yes they would be helpful in some regards. If you tend to have any form of feet swelling either on a regular basis or as a result of traveling, theses can increase swelling in the feet and therefore venous pooling. Better to go w/ regular knee high. Ankle rolls and foot pumps and aspirin every day much more beneficial.

This sizing makes absolutely no sense. They show his and hers size brackets yet say they are unisex. How does an xl fit a man w/ a 20" calf fit the same as a woman w/a 14 " calf? That is jacked up. I have measured and fitted people including myself and these will not work. If it fits the guy at a 20" calf it will be down around the ankles of the 14" woman. A pair that fits said woman will not even go up said man’s calf. There has to be a male femal selection in the sizing! Highly recommend clarification before spending $$ here.

Rightful concern. They are likely too long unless you get clarification.

Actually, you should NEVER double over a compression sock, as that puts double the pressure in one spot, which acts more like a tourniquet in that one place. Like having a tight rubber band in one spot. I know, because I was given extra long stockings in the hospital, and that’s what happened when I doubled over the top. Also, when they are turned over, they tend to begin to roll down, till they look like a garter, and feel worse like they are cutting off circulation. VERY BAD IDEA!