Remington King of Shaves Kit

One of the worst razors I’ve ever used. Not only are they awkward in your hand, they don’t bend well to adjust to your face as you shave (unlike the Fusion or Quattro razors which have spring-loaded heads). Also, the massive border on the cartridge makes it basically impossible to shave your upper lip, especially if you try to go against the grain to get a closer shave. Terrible razor all around.

Worst. Shave. Ever.

Run away, far far away!

Bad reviews… Pass

I got some of these last time around and they are possibly the worst I’ve ever used. They give a really rough shave, are hard on the skin, clog up almost instantly, and don’t rinse clean at all. Utterly unusable. I highly recommend against this one.

Oh boy… I’m seeing a lot of “worst shave ever”. I feel like most of you haven’t had to resort to the dollar store for an affordable razor.

If you’re like me and can’t afford to throw $30 for a month or two of shaving, I still recommend this. Good step up from disposables. The only really true claim I see in the comments is with the shaving around the jaw being a little troublesome, but still good.

Am I the only one who is wondering about the “Endurium” coated blades?

Endurium? “Used by the experts in the film, foil and paper slitting and converting industries.”

But what the heck is it?

There is absolutely nothing regal about these razors. They are more aptly named The Village Idiot (I d i o t) of Shaves since they do not work and are an insult to all that is facial and hairy.

So, I’m sensing a trend in this thread.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS !!

These are worst than junk, you can get a better shave with a machete and don’t get fooled by the number of cartridges since surely you won’t use any of them.

Shame on you woot, you won’t fool me again with the same product.

I got these last time they were on. It is by far the absolute worst razor I have ever used - so much so that I now think name-brand razor prices are completely justified.

Am I the only one who kinda likes these? I am a woman, so maybe that’s the difference. Razor blades are just SO DANG EXPENSIVE, so that’s probably contributing to my positive opinion of these. As I’m holding that rather awkwardly shaped handle (totally used to it now), I’m just thinking, “This was sooooooo cheap!” Good thing I’m fine with these, as I bought 3 sets last time. Female Wooters, give them a try!

I also had a negative experience with these razors. I do what someone else said, using it for the bulk shave then touching up with another razor for a closer shave.

+1 on worst razors ever. Those 1 blade junk BIC razors probably shave better then these.

Woot should be ashamed for still selling these. This is a faulty and unusable product. There are so many blades on each razor that you can’t put adequate pressure on your skin and you can’t get into small areas around your nose or mouth. I originally thought that even if they weren’t that great a shave that the sheer quantity of razors would make up for it but instead I just had a lot of unusable razors. The only redeeming quality is that the razor looked very sleek and shiny…as I chucked it in my garbage.

You know, I think this is a technique issue. I have fairly coarse beard hair, bought these last time they were up, and have gotten an incredible baby-face shave each time after my first try, which was a learning curve.

The angle of the blade handle is quite different in hand. I found the less I press, the more it seems to glide through the hair and hug itself into my skin’s surface.

I get the best shave going at an upward diagonal to my hair growth…as in, if my beard grew straight down, I’d be hold the blade perpendicular (horizontal) but drag the blades diagonally.

Agree with under-nose area hard to access.

Must rinse frequently to avoid cloggage, and once clogged, forget it.

I tried to understand WHY it didn’t seem to shave well, when the lube strip, sharpness, flex and blade quality all seemed decent or better, and it just needs a bit more finesse.

A light touch and avoiding a full against-the-grain attack make them work well for me.

I bought a set of these to try as opposed to my normal Fusion blades. My face is pretty sensitive to cheap razors so I normally have to have a pretty good razor or I end up with a ton of cuts. I find the handle on these a bit awkward to use and it definitely requires more pressure than a Fusion handle but, I am able to get a real nice smooth shave with these with no cuts. They are definitely a bit harder to clean. I also have more trouble getting them to shave my neck fully on my left side but, these things are definitely worth what they cost. They are much cheaper than Fusion blades and give a decently close shave for a fraction of the price. I do still prefer my Fusion blades for certain but I don’t mind using these at all. I’ve used one blade twice so we’ll see how many times I can reuse one before it becomes totally dull. The great thing about Fusion blades is that I can usually use one blade for anywhere from 4 to 10 shaves before replacing it. We’ll see how well these hold up to repeat shaves though.

I wonder if this dross was even made for the American market? I’m suspicious.

Reminds me of the time I bought multiple electric Braun toothbrushes at an online site for a bargain price. When they arrived, all the print on the front of the package was in English (as it was pictured) but the entire reverse of the package was printed in Korean. The tootbrushes “vibrated” at about 1/3 of the speed of Brauns made for the American market.

But this makes me think…all products need fuller disclosure of where they were made and for what market.

These razors are the worst things I have ever put to my face. Constantly falling off, can’t even get the hair out from between the blades, the razor head falls right off. I ended up supergluing the head, and even THEN it’s still not a close shave, since the head is so flexible, you can’t get any decent pressure. Don’t waste your money.

I think these are getting a bum rap. The razor does feel awkward in the hand at first, and it is necessary to use a slightly different technique when shaving to get the blade against the skin at the proper angle.

However, once mastered, it is possible to get a good close shave, and the blades last a long time.

Since these cost about a third of what blades for my Gillette Mach 3 turbo cost, I’m willing to put up with a little inconvenience. I’ll be ordering more.

I think its a decent product, great for the price if used correctly.

don’t forget PSP.