Renteria Wines Pinot Noir (3)

Renteria Wines Pinot Noir 3-Pack
$49.99 $180.00 72% off List Price
2012 Pinot Noir, Griffin’s Lair Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
2013 Pinot Noir, Griffin’s Lair Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
2013 Pinot Noir, Los Carneros, Napa Valley

I’ve never heard of these wines before but I’ve had other producers use fruit from Griffins lair that I have really enjoyed.

Some background info:

I was aware of the vineyard management but not the wines.

Looks like might be worth the tariff…weather though…hmmmm

Super intriguing offer…

Strangely, it’s the price that gives me pause.

That’s right Kaolis, our family has been farming the vines in Napa Valley for two generations, but few know that we’ve tried our hand in winemaking.

Although our vineyard management company is the core of what we do, we are also passionate about winemaking - and we’re happy to share “the family juice” with those that are interested.

Cortot20 - glad you recognize it. Geiffin’s Lair is a unique place in the Petaluma Gap that yields excellent fruit. The eastern facing vineyard gets plenty of sun, but the cooling influence keeps that delicate Pinot happy.

We are fortunate to be able to work with this fruit, along with other producers like Kosta Browne and Loxton.

I agree, I love carneros pinot and have genuinely enjoyed Griffins lair. One of my favorite bottlings was the Roessler griffins lair.

Who is your winemaker?

Karen Culler has made our wines for many years.

Like Kyle, why the low price? I am VERY intrigued and very close to jumping in but…

Jim & Joan Griffin have a great vineyard in a very cool weather location, south of Keller Estate, prime Pinot Noir spot. Karen Culler, a classmate of Kent Rasmussen, Clark Smith and myself at Davis, has made some great wines including Lewis Cellars and her own label (Culler).

In for one.

Yikes! Now that’s quite the endorsement! Nice to you on the boards.

Ok. I’m in. Thanks for the endorsement, PW.

Cory, do you want the Carneros bottle?

I’ll take it.

This did it for me as well.
Cripes, where to put them all?

grrr… in for 3.

Renteria Wines Pinot Noir (3)
Speed to first woot: 16m 58.991s
First sucker: jdkj1383
Last wooter to woot: sirbuyalot2
Last purchase: a few seconds ago

Chale. In.

Speed to first woot: 16m 58.991s