Renwood Amador County Estate Syrah (6)

Thanks for the comments, just placed my order. Seems like a great mid-week bottle for the price. Also had to go in for the Zeppelin Chateau d’ Abalone Verdejo.

In for 2. We bought a lot of Renwood in the past as it was featured often at the local superstore back before the “troubles” and the comments from Scott in the last offering convinced me to pull the trigger.

From my CT: This bottle of syrah was given to me by a fellow wine.wooter and was consumed on 17Jun2013 - the night before a three week family vacation. I didn’t take notes and I don’t remember much about the wine except that it was plum in color and I enjoyed it very much. I would purchase a case of this except I have no room and I have BLOWN my wine budget on both Barolo deals, ardente and Stillman wines. This is a great price on fantastic estate wine that is also estate bottled. Don’t pass on this fantastic wine!

I had to make sure I wasn’t “that guy” you mentioned rjquillin since I have Wellington, Ardente and McClean and loves these wines. A bottle of this 2008 Syrah was given to me by a fellow wine.wooter. See previous post (CT has also been updated).

That was the push I needed! In for 2.

No, not you Nathan, but the commonality in some holdings between the three of us is rather interesting.
PM sent.

Hahahaha! The guy that gave this wine a “75” is my friend that gave me a bottle of Renwood. He really likes this wine. In fact, he is going to buy a case later tonight after he and his wifey go on a date. I just spoke to him to find out why he gave it a 75 on CT. He didn’t use the wine tasting assistant and gave it a 75 to mark it as a good wine that he enjoyed. After explaining the CT point system to him, he said it should have been a in the upper 80s.

welcome! this will be the first of MANY purchases!!

I am glad to see that many of you are excited about the wine. As a winemaker, it gives me great pleasure to see (or read about) people who are enjoying something that we put so much effort into. I hope you all enjoy. Jon Affonso Assistant Winemaker Renwood Winery

I am so sad I missed this! Please come back in September when I have money to spend. I’d love a case of this to put away after buying a six pack when this first showed up on Woot. Delicious!

Has anybody received this yet? I got the shipping notice that says info received on 7/22, but nothing since then.

No, my shipping info is the same as yours. No movement at all.

Yep. Same as you. Received shipping info, but no booze yet. Did they over sell or forget where the FedEX number was in their office? :wink:

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.