Renwood Lodi Zinfandel Case (12)

Renwood Lodi Zinfandel Case
$69.99 $̶1̶3̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 49% off List Price
2007 Renwood Zinfandel, Lodi
CT link above

Winery website

That’s a lot of zin.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

The CT community recommends drinking by 2012. Any comments on drinkability by the even more influential Wine.Woot community?

One of these rolled off the back of a FedEx truck as it drove past my house the other day so I snatched it up and decided to give it a whirl…

Dark brick-red in the glass with almost no legs. Raspberry compote and strawberry jam on the nose. Light-bodied, thin mouthfeel. Sour cherries on the entry with plum, baking spice and mild oak in mid-palate. The spice and oak follow through into the short-medium finish and the sour cherries reappear along with subtle tannins. After being opened for an hour the oak developed a slightly sweet note and there is a bit more fruit on the palate, mostly raspberry.

Overall, a pretty basic/simple Zin that would be good for pizza night. After being opened for 2 hours, it started to develop some stewed fruit flavors, so I would say that this is a “drink now” wine. Give it 30 minutes of air or run it through an aerator to bring out the fruit a little before drinking.

Enticing reviews @ cellar tracker:
CellarTracker .

Anyone in NH up to split one of this? Curious given the age but if it truly is ‘drink now’ I won’t go through a whole case quick enough…

Sooooo is it worth picking up, the price is good. Anyone up for a split in Las Vegas NV?

Would like to make another purchase from this winery. But I haven’t recieved my last order from the 15th of July.

It’s worth picking up if you have a need or desire for a case of inexpensive Zin that isn’t “Plonk”. You’re not going to impress anybody with this wine (despite the attractive label) but for around $7/bottle delivered to your door, what can you expect?

You’re basically getting $10 wine at a 30% discount (once tax & shipping are figured in). If you generally don’t like $10 wine to begin with, saving 30% isn’t going to change your mind. OTOH, this is a very good deal for what it is - as long as you don’t expect it to drink like $15-$20 Zin.

By “drink now”, I’m referring to drinking them up within the next 6-12 months but the sooner the better.

I also bought the July 15th offering, and also have yet to receive it.

However, I would like to give this a try, but not interested in a full case. Anyone from the Denver (Littleton preferably) interested in splitting a case?

I do not live in Littleton, but I do live in Golden and would be interested in splitting a case! How does this typically work?

For those asking about the July 15 sale:

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

I had a chance to open a bottle with hubby a while back. I dug out the notes from that evening:

Pop and pour - raspberry on the nose with just a hint of oak. Color was a deep red, with a hit of cocoa. Definitely a lighter bodied Zin. As chipgreen stated - raspberry, sour cherries and a touch of oak. A lot of acidity on the end but no heat at all.

I ran a glass through the Vinturi and it seemed to lose it’s acidity, gained a little clove and became sweeter with a touch of vanilla.

Hubby preferred it aerated, he felt it lost some fruit and became spicier as he prefers his zin. I preferred it straight from the bottle because the acidity balanced well with the tomato sauce we were having for dinner, even making the sauce taste sweeter.

I agree with chip on the value, it’s a good wine to have on hand for pizza or other nights you want an inexpensive selection.

Hello My name is Jon Affonso and I am the Assistant Winemaker for Renwood Winery. I will be checking on the web site periodically to see if there are questions that I might be able to answer. Feel free to ask what ever is on your mind. I hope to be of service and, more importantly, I hope you enjoy the wine.

In regards to shipping, this is usually not my area of expertise, but I will inquire about it with those that are and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I have just opened a bottle of the 2007 Lodi Zin to try to speak intelligently about its drinkability. While I do not know if it is the breakfast of champions (don’t pour over your cornflakes), I can say that this wine is still as fruity as ever. Bright cherry, blackberry and pomegranate are still the hallmarks of this wine and its’ acidity and luscious mouthfeel make this wine a balanced, fresh berry bomb that is delicious and ready to drink.

I live in Arvada, work in Golden if you haven’t found someone to split with.