Renwood Lodi Zinfandel Case (12)

Nice to see all the Colorado folks posting on the boards!

I’m in central Denver, work downtown, willing to grab 3-4 bottles.

Seems like it’s just about time for another gathering too.

I’d be in for a Denver split, let me know.

A zin that fits my oppressive wine budget! It’s a miracle!

Can anyone compare this to Alexander Valley Temptation Zin?

PM for you

I’m not exactly sure, as I have always consumed everything I’ve ordered. I have no problem ordering the case and just splitting the cost when it gets here. If anyone is interested, shoot me a private message and I’ll pull the trigger!

Paul

PM in your box.

Is it possible to extend the shipping out longer? I’d prefer to have it ship in October or November if at all possible.

Hello. Special care is given when shipping wine during this time of year.

We’ve become really good at it.

Focus on timing, reefer trucks, packaging, all work together to ensure wine is delivered safe and sound. if there is a (rare) problem, contact support@woot.

thanks,

WD

Is the 2-day shipping option worth the extra $3? I’m on the fence about this purchase but am pulled by the cost effectiveness! This seems to be a good, any-day drinker.

Wait wait wait. I have never had a delivery from a reefer truck!! :wah:

I live in Golden - I’m willing to split a case. Maybe we should combine with everyone and just go sit in the park with our case(s)

You mean…?

A bottle of this fell off the hot FedEx truck earlier this afternoon and I had to wait for it to cool off to sample it. I agree with the general consensus. It had a nice garnet color, a little lighter than other Zins I have but that is probably a result of the Zin/Syrah/Viognier mix. It had a pleasant, fruity nose with a touch of floral. Upon tasting I found it smooth, mellow, light, and as others said, a bit thin on the palate.

If you enjoy a lighter red wine that doesn’t overwhelm you in either the nose or the palate, this is an excellent buy. I’d decant or vinturi a little as noted in another review and perhaps even chill it down a bit. I even think it would make a great sangria. It’s actually right up my spouse’s alley and I’m curious at the reaction over dinner tonight. Will post more if anything significant is noted.

Again - recommend at this price point if this style appeals to you. I think Renwood is putting out decent wines at prices more people can afford.

PM sent

Okay, can anyone compare this to a Dancing Bull zin?

Day 2 Update: The nose has developed a Jolly Rancher/candied apple characteristic and the wine seems somehow juicier than yesterday. Still thin, but juicy. Vacu-vin’d it overnight and it held up better than expected. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it’s better on day 2 but it does seem more integrated and the fruit is a little brighter - less of the sour cherry component which I didn’t like, so in that sense it is better today. Pleasantly surprised.

Is that Tommy Chong or rjquillin? Oh, and who is that on the right - Paul Reubens or HAK42?

Hammmmmburger!

Da blinkin’ lights!

Ha! I’d have to dye my hair, or find a time machine for 2003; and get a tat!

Hm Hm, me either