Replacement YTX12-BS iGel Rechargeable Battery

Replacement YTX12-BS iGel Rechargeable Battery

Is this battery compatible with a 2005 Honda Rebel motorcycle?

Current and voltage wise, it should be, but you may want to check those dimensions. It looks like the battery that your bike calls for (nice bike, by the way) is about an inch smaller all around.

“iGel batteries are injected with Gel Electrolytes”

Electrolytes: it’s what batteries crave

8 Likes

These batteries are great I had one in a lawn mower for 5 years it’s been through 4 hard freezes it’s been dead 3 times and it was still able to be charged up and work.

Will this battery work for a riding lawn mower? Ariens riding mower to be specific. Just had to buy an Everstart one from Walmart for almost $50. And it isn’t gel and doesn’t have a voltage reader on it!

Had one of these in my old Craftsman riding mower, it was great

Any reason these couldn’t be used daisy chained together and charged off a solar system in an RV?

2 Likes

These are only 10 Ah each. At this price, it would probably be cheaper to buy a larger capacity battery, but I did consider this

Just measured my toro riding mower battery and it’s 7”x5”. So this battery would be too small. Oh well.

I’m buying a few for my little solar set-up. Hope they work.

Being smaller wouldn’t be an issue. As, long as the terminals and cranking amps/running amps are similar or compatible to the replacement; you will be fine. You can always use sticky tape, velcro or something similar to attach it to the bigger battery holding compartment.