Research on online buying behavior

If this is true, it’s an unfortunate option of academia . . . given the pervasiveness of cyber attacks - a very scary and real threat - all the way down to us basic surfers . . .

You’re too willing to concede good intentions . . . my experience screams caution . . .

Perhaps, but since the company actually conducting the survey has a “satisfactory” rating by the BBB, I felt safe enough to answer a few questions.

Okay. Enjoy. Likely you’ll never hear another thing about it. I just think a little more openness from the researchers would go a long way towards assuaging legitimate individual concerns.

You’re absolutely right. Please, anyone reading these posts, don’t take my posts as an endorsement of the survey, I am just playing devil’s advocate to show how the original poster might not be completely lying.

Actually, we do have another way to check them out, which I should have thought of before. The wootstaff and mods can see IP addresses. We could ask them to check it out.

Terrific idea!

edit: why is gr-e-at changed to grate? Are we being robbed of our language?

How about a Non-Swedish Survey?

Seems anybody can create one just like they did. Even styrofoam heads. :slight_smile:

Glad to see Gman and No1 talking again, even if it isn’t in PWA. :tongue:

they didn’t ask for any identifying information other than age and gender. It was a pretty innocuous survey.

My impression is that it’s pretty much Gatzby, not the mods.

more a myth not unlike irish being mostly red heads! swedes may be prone to blue eyes though :slight_smile:

The email that the survey system sends as a result of each participant details the IP address they used and their general geographic location (guessed from the ISP that owns the address space).

It might be legit, or they might be mining IP’s. Caveat visitor.

Hey guys, thanks for your responses. Let me explain some stuff here. We use a gmail account so we can share it together, we use it for signing up to forums and receiving comments. We do have personal school accounts, but they have a 25mb inbox limit, so not very useful.

The three of us are international students, 2 from Holland and 1 from Finland, studying in Lund, Sweden. Questionpro is an American website, but it’s just a survey website we’re using, we didn’t make the site :stuck_out_tongue:

We tried making the survey as simple as possible, asking for very little personal information. Right now there are only questions about gender, nationality, age, and shopping behavior. I do believe ip addresses are automatically logged, in order to prevent multiple responses from one computer, but we will not be using them. When we translate the responses into a database file, we will only care about the actual answers.

I hope that’s clear, sorry for the confusion. And again, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Appreciate the clarification. Your English vernacular is quite impressive!

seems like europeans have better english skills than most americans.

Ok, I completed the survey.

Thanks for the sleuthing, no1. :wink:

Thanks, let’s hope the companies we’re all applying to right now feel the same way :wink:

Was there any particular reason why the survey used Target’s website for examples? I don’t mean to offend you, but the survey appeared to be market research for Target.

Dr. J,

Just FYI for future reference when we need to cyberstalk… I mean, check somebody out.

We actually had pictures of promotions from different online stores (like H&M and Amazon), but found in the pre-test that people were more influenced by the product type and store brand than the promotion itself. Target had all the different types of promotions that we were looking for on its website, so we decided to just use Target.