Research

Research

THERE WILL BE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE TOPIC OF THIS SHIRT!

THAT’S OK!

HOWEVER, DO NOT

• Attack people or a group of people

• Call people names or belittle them

• Report posts as off-topic if you disagree with their point of view

THIS IS A DIVISIVE TOPIC. DIFFERENT OPINIONS ARE OK.

:point_right: IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE SHIRT, DON’T BUY IT.

:point_right: IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE SHIRT, VOTE IN THE DERBY NEXT TIME

1 Like

bold GIF

12 Likes

…and y’all expect me to NOT comment on this!?

3 Likes

I love this design, @simic.

On a vaguely related note, I encountered a lovely man at a store earlier today who told me “you aren’t real bright” for wearing a mask (in a state with an indoor mask mandate, mind you). No matter where one falls on the covid issue, there’s no just cause for being needlessly mean to others.

14 Likes

Loving this design meant to insult someone is kinda ironic to say that there’s no just cause for being mean to others. Not sure what simic said, cause their post is gone. The real question is, would someone who likes this jab at someone design would wear it? Would be kinda weird. Surprised it’s allowed when it propagates hate toward someone. Since you mention, “No matter where one falls on the covid issue.”

2 Likes

bill murray comedy GIF

Sad that even this site no longer remains neutral. I suppose the true new normal is to ensure everyone is polarized in all facets of their lives.

8 Likes

I don’t want to get into a political discussion with you, though I did expect someone to come along with something along the lines of what you’ve written.

The science backs me (and this shirt) up, though. Facts are facts, regardless of personal, religious, or political beliefs. As an example:

It’s an unfortunate and tragic truth. Facts matter.

I will bow out of this conversation now that I’ve said that. Please take care and I hope you and your loved ones remain safe during whatever remains of this pandemic.

20 Likes

Maybe the tombstone contains the final words of somebody who claimed to have done research of what happens if they pull an elephant’s trunk?

7 Likes

Have you not seen the various political designs which they’ve sold over the years?

4 Likes

For the record, Wooters voted this in the derby.

Participation dictates what prints.

For anyone who still has other opinions, remember that shirt.woot has plenty of other designs available in the catalog.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

11 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure you’d bow down cause actually responding and standing up for it isn’t your thing. You had that post ready because you were expecting something along refuting covid research, yet… I did none of that. You responded to some question that you had in your head. Please take the time to reread what I wrote to see that. So your covid post does nothing to answer what I wrote. The thing is, the shirt is insulting to a group of induviduals, which could be taken however which way had you not responded and confirmed that the shirt was about covid.

1 Like

and as a company that handles the derby, they remove some derby contenders for various reasons. This shirt should have been removed due to its polarizing nature. The excuse that people voted for it so its ok is plain dumb. I mean Hitler was voted in too, so I guess thats alright too, right?

4 Likes

Wow, only took 90 minutes for Godwin’s Law

Godwin's law - Wikipedia.

14 Likes

@peaceetc didn’t bow down or anything else - they stated the facts and let them stand for themselves, bc they are indisputable.

I stand with @peaceetc

If you don’t like the shirt, don’t buy it

14 Likes

Perfect use when using it to justify voting for something and saying that it makes it ok.

I’m a nurse and I like this shirt. After all….science. Like the previous posts say, no one says you have to buy it or wear it. Freedom of expression is still allowed and I buy lots of potentially offensive TShirts here and I love them all!!!

22 Likes

You say that now. But guarantee if I released an anti vax shirt for the derby and it received enough “votes”, it would be pulled instantly.

3 Likes

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

17 Likes

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, Deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

5 Likes

“If woot released an anti-vax shirt you’d be offended”

You mean anti-science shirt during a pandemic that’s killed more than 800,000 Americans, a pandemic that folks openly deny is real, then get sick and run to the hospital taking up beds and risking others - then ya I’d be offended.

None of the anti-vaccine folks, even the Facebook “Dr’s” did their research. Research is done in multiple labs, but loads of scientists and researchers, not by surfing Facebook.

Yeah, an anti-vaccine shirt would be offensive

16 Likes