RESQME Original Escape Tool, 2-pack

An onion!

2 Likes

I think Bezos is involved now.
He takes Woot playing cards seriously.
He knows where EVERYONE lives.

1 Like

How is that going to puncture your window?

1 Like

Whack it against the window. Or carry a brick in the car. Or roll the window down.

1 Like

Agreed - mine is set in a somewhat uncomfortable position but I can never get it to move up or down properly. In the event of an emergency, if that was my only option, I would lay seat back and play some music out like the band did on the Titanic.

4 Likes

You have manual windows? You do know that the water pressure against the window would basically render a brick useless, right? This thing has the pressure in one spot.

2 Likes

Youā€™d better buy one then!

1 Like

I already have them from a while ago - which is why I wrote about how they were highly rated. Believe it or not some people actually use the forums to give and receive info about the product for sale and not just a bunch of bs - but to each their own :thinking:

5 Likes

Argh. No smart phone. I want on of these. Guess I will go buy it elsewhere.

ā€œCatnipā€
219404_MAIN.AC_SY400_V1582841873

1 Like

Have you actually used one?
Are you just going by ratings?
Have you tried breaking glass with a solid blow with a closed knife?

1 Like

Yes I have practiced using it and no I have not used knife bc I have no reason to carry a knife like that around, these are right there where you need them, as I have then hanging on each headrest and all my sets of keys, only having 1 knife with me in a car full of people filling with water vs 4 of these would be a serious waste of time - then if someone drops the knife, you have no backup and I donā€™t think driving around with a car full of knives is a feasible idea - then you have the ResQMes that a wide range of ages are able to use vs a knife - then you have cost- I am going to say your knife was more than $5

Wait there is more - for those people that do carry a knife on a regular basis, would you want to risk your life on whether or not on the day your car with your family is inside filling with water that your knife isnā€™t sharp enough to cut through the seat belts or it breaks when you pound it on the glass.

Hey, you do you

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

2 Likes

I have this on my keychain. Tested it out once on a piece of hard plastic (RIP). It works.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a meme. Itā€™s fake. Pull up your headrest. Itā€™s not sharp enough to cut a finger, let alone a seat belt.

2 Likes

Not only are your headrest not sharp at all, they are very difficult to get out of the seat. Unless you are in the back seat you probably wonā€™t even be able to get the headrest off anyways. Plus, a lot of new cars, with electronically adjustable headrests which are impossible to remove without taking the seat apart. Then there are a lot if cars with an airbag system that push the headrest further out to prevent whiplash in an emergency, they have an electrical connection and cannot be easily removed.
It is really not feasible that anyone in an emergency would ever be able to actually get it out and if they did, would have just wasted the last 5 minutes of their lives.

3 Likes

Sorry, it wasnā€™t false information. It was the way I was told. I never had too use it, but in an emergency without that tool I would hope it worked. Google it!!

Donā€™t need to drop too others level. So Iā€™m deleting the information I seen and ordering the tool from Amazon. Thanks!

I do have this tool (in pink) and I have played with it. I wouldnā€™t recommend it otherwise. Itā€™s simple and it works.

There are lots of ways to break glass. Some are better than others. Itā€™s the seat belt thatā€™s the hard thing. Iā€™m not sure how often they jam, but I personally donā€™t have anything else in my car that can cut through one. Thatā€™s why I like this doohicky.

But you do whatever youā€™re comfortable with.

2 Likes

FYI. The comment was not ment as BS NOR WAS IT FALSE.
Enjoy the petty people on this site. RUDE!!