RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

Would people be whining if they got one of these in their BOC? hmmmm…

Ooh you just said Nintendo, NES and Classic, does it come with Duck Hunt?

It might come with Truck Hunt.

1 Like

Or Duck Punt… which sounds like a pretty fun game!

1 Like

Yeah, but both the NES and SNES classic can be easily hacked by an 8 year old to play legit roms. And while that isn’t legal per se, it is way more authentic.

That being said, this thing IS fun. If you can get past the genericness of the games. They all play about what you would expect. (I do own this knockoff BTW, I bought it for fun a long time ago for around 20 bucks.) But the controllers don’t hold up well and feel cheap compared to the actual NES mini controllers.

Your 8 year old won’t know the difference, but the hastily swapped characters and buggy games did provide a laugh for my retro-loving self.

1 Like

I never said it did but people are buying it which is the amusing factor :smiley:

So glad they brought back the double choice button, now I can truly relive my childhood.

You are correct, but the term “classic” games is very misleading. In order to be classic they must have existed sometime in the past and be know/loved from days gone by. These games are modern rip offs of the true classics, and not very good ones either.
That being said, even playing the older true isn’t as great as it was 30 yrs ago for some reason…

Maybe they’re all “instant classics”

1 Like

Maybe the classicness comes from the journey of experiencing such a wootoff together…

3 Likes

yes. this is beautiful.

1 Like

Perhaps for some, the generic version of the console game would be their childhood re-lived. Maybe the Dollar General version was what they had. You never know. :wink:

They should probably be forced to change the pic with the screen shots of actual NES games. Pretty misleading… which I guess is the theme here.