RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

For those who want the discussion thread from the last time this was a daily deal:

(There was a quick sale since November, but there was only one of these, so that doesn’t fully count.)

Oh, and here is the list of games:

There’s a different ordered list earlier on that thread, but this second list has all 600 games on it.

Here we go again! I hope we get the same lively debate as all previous sales. It’s quite fascinating to watch the armchair quarterbacks going at each other.

2 Likes

Just Google Souljaboy Nintendo

Picked this up a few weeks ago on here.
No major complaints on the system itself aside from an odd menu system and having to system reset every time you want to switch games. Overall it’s not too bad for what it is.

However some of the games/ROMS can be problematic. i.e. River City Ransom/Super Dodgeball/every other Technos game and all the Rockman(megaman games) are in Japanese only.

A couple notes I found since playing a bit more:
-The official mario bros games (1,2,3) seem OK. Didn’t play any of them long enough to beat them though.
-Dr. Mario has the name removed from the title screen but is otherwise fine
-The Bootleg Mario Bros games are sketchy at best. (Mario 14 has an enemy which is probably illegal to even mention online)
-Contra had no ending at all. Beat it and right back to the title screen. (CooBaby took the “you can’t get sued if you delete all the credits” approach.)
-TMNT 1 starts on level 3 and is in Japanese only.
-Mortal Kombat IV - The first 3D MK is somehow on here. Plays every bit as good as you’d expect. lol
-Several other titles seemed like old demos as they didn’t start at the beginning of the game

I’ll probably take this up to the hunting cabin and leave it there. The novelty wore off fairly quickly.

2 Likes

These are cheap Chinese-made emulation machines, preloaded with hundreds of ROMs and placed in a shell that looks strongly like the original Nintendo to give it the aura of legitimacy.

Kind of fun as a novelty gift, but no one will get long-term joy out of these things. And it’ll only sell until Nintendo sends Woot/Amazon a strongly worded letter, at which point it will be promptly removed.

You mean This Guy? (NSFW)

2 Likes

I clicked on the link for strict scientific purposes. Interesting firing action. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The game is an obvious rip with Mario skinned over the main character. There are some moves where the original sprite comes up instead of Mario. I have no idea what that game is and I don’t know if I want to find out.

You have to admit that is a unique superpower.

2 Likes

That enemy could make some decent money in a very specific field…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the one. lol