Reusable Hot Neck & Shoulder Pad-7 Colors

How do you heat this? The description says it can be sold with a pouch, but I don’t see that option?

If you look at the 3rd picture, there’s a thing you click to start the heat transfer through the contents.

I removed the sentence about the pouch. We do not have that.

We have these (different brand) and they work well. You boil the pad 15 to 20 minutes to recharge it, and press the metal disk to activate the heat.
I remember hearing that the liquid is a salt solution, and it’s supposed to be human safe if it ever leaks.
The, not included, terry cloth pouch helps protect the bag while heating, and makes it easier to remove from the boiling water, although it makes it hard to see when the bag is fully recharged. A small hand towel can also be used to wrap the bag in.

What the heck does that mean?? “start the heat transfer through the contents.”!!!
Plug it in,
Fill it full of Hot Water??
Microwave the heck out of it??
What?

The heat in these packs is a result of a chemical reaction in the interior gel solution. By pressing a little button thingie it sets off the reaction and heats up. It lasts about 2 hours and then cools off. To reset the interior chemicals you boil the whole thing for a bit and it goes back to normal.

How many times can you recharge/boil the thing?

The solution is typically a supersaturated solution of sodium acetate. When you activate it using the metal disk (it’s a click) it will cause the sodium acetate to precipitate releasing heat. In order to put the salt back into the solution (“recharge”) it must be placed in boiling water for 15-30 minutes until it is clear and no solid salt is visible. If salt is visible after boiling, it will just precipitate out of solution again. Do not try to microwave them to recharge as if you can cause it to rupture if you heat it too much. I’ve had a few of these for over 10 years and they continue to work.

There’s no set number at which it stops working. If you take care of it and follow directions, it should last.

It is fantastic when it’s hot and on your neck. PITA to boil it back soft every time. If you leave even a tiny bit of it still gel/crystal then it will harden up again almost immediately as it cools down. After about 3 times I gave up and now it’s sitting in my closet hard as a rock. I use a rice wrap in the microwave, so.much.easier.