Ring Solar Panel (White)

Ring Solar Panel (White)

How does it connect

Here’s a video from Ring showing the set-up process.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

4 Likes

Look at the second page of their graphic, showing the black-framed solar panel and the camera. They staged that picture to avoid showing the hookup wire, almost - notice the siding overlap behind the top of the solar panel, where you (mostly) don’t see the wire tucked into the shadow (that’s why it’s the darkest shadow in that picture) running to the right over toward the camera. And the camera is mounted to block your view of the wire coming up over the edge, then you CAN see it curl up and in to the camera on the closer side.

That hookup wire is 13ft long, and you may need every inch of it - notice they don’t guarantee it will WORK if you don’t get good sun. A vertical wall doesn’t get as much sun as you’d think, unless the panel sticks out from the wall and can be tilted up toward the sky. And if your camera is on the shady side of the building, you may have no choice but to put the panel on the roof (and cross your fingers)…

1 Like

I got my solar panel and the box clearly states “only for spotlight cam battery” I have all stick up cams. What’s up with that woot? Your description said it works for both.

1 Like

Same here. It will connect to the current Stick Up Cam Battery, by removing a round silicone plug at the top rear of the camera. But it will not connect to the original Stick Up Cam Battery which has only a USB connector and no removable battery. I was planning to use one with each type.

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

@ilardimj

Hi there. It is for both. Here’s the Amazon page:
https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Solar-Panel-White-Compatible/dp/B0781Z3FNX

Likely the boxes were designed before the Stick-up Cam.

From Amazon:

And here’s the instructions from Ring: