Ring Spotlight Cam Wired HD Security Camera

I worked for Ring very short term. Can’t say anything good about the product.

It makes a good door-stopper?

I have a Ring Doorbell Pro and a corded Ring Spotlight Cam; Just ordered a second Spotlight Cam. Very happy with the devices and Ring support. A couple comments:

The “30 days free monitoring” is not monitoring at all. These cams record approx 1 minute clips when they detect motion, if you pay for the Ring storage service ($3 month per device, or $10/mo per household), you can view these recorded clips, otherwise you cannot. Without the paid storage service, you can only view the cams live. IFAIK, there is no way to store the video other than through the Ring storage plan.

I can view the live cam through my computer, ipad, and the 1st and newest generation Amazon Echo Shows I own. I can’t view the recorded clips through my Echo devices (or maybe I just don’t know how).

Also, if you don’t need the spotlight part, next-generation cheaper versions of the wired and battery cams are being released in conjunction with Amazon in a couple of weeks. Normally wouldn’t throw that out there, but it appears to be heavily promoted by The Mothership :slight_smile:

Works great with Echo Show to display image.
What does this mean "The camera arrives already connected to its 20-foot power cable, which plugs into a regular power socket. Thankfully, it can be unhooked for installation, courtesy of a robust, twist-to-lock rear connector. " from Ring Spotlight Cam Wired Review: A Great, Affordable Security Camera | Digital Trends ?