Ring Video Doorbell 2

Ring Video Doorbell 2

“used” Well that’s a new one.

$140 is the normal sale price for the Ring 2 via Cotsco with a 12 month protection plan (new).

This seems like a solid deal at half the price for used.

Frustrated user here. Is Woot ever going to sell anything new again? Or has the business model completely changed?

4 Likes

Probably not. They’ve become the dumping ground for trade-ins and returns for the mother ship.

7 Likes

They occasionally sell new items.

I mean, probably not stuff that you’d buy…

4 Likes

They still have some ok deals on new products. But usually they’re “Today Only” and sell out within hours.

1 Like

/rimshot

3 Likes

The Poo-Poo are recording you

2 Likes

The real concerning part here is the fact that Amazon will turn over the video even if you said no to the police.

2 Likes

How do you prevent the doorbell from getting stolen? How often do you need to charge it?

1 Like

I have owned this device since late 2018. It used to work perfectly, send you alerts when someone came within view of camera, past videos load properly, etc. Ever since the APP update in July, all functionality has been broken. Check the reviews on Google Play store, it’s amazing how they let a great product like this turn into useless garbage.

5 Likes

The doorbell has a small torx screw underneath to help prevent theft and remove the battery. Normally Ring will replace a doorbell that has been stolen, but I’m not sure if that would apply to these “used” ones. As far as charging goes, I have the Ring doorbell 2, and the battery usually lasts about 4 months in my particular setup. I bought a second battery, and I just swap between the two every time it tells me its low.

4 Likes

Frustrated user here. Is Woot ever going to sell anything new again? Or has the business model completely changed?

The cookies I bought off Woot several weeks ago were new, not used. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I bought a used one the last time Woot offered them. Works fine and Ring gave me the free trial when I contacted them. Support was great. I’ve read different stories on whether they will replace these if stolen, but for the price, can’t beat it.

1 Like

How often do you need to charge it?

If you have a powered doorbell that you’re replacing (e.g. if it lights up and has a power wire going into it with consistent voltage), the mounting bracket will continuously charge it. I’ve had mine on for nearly a year now and I haven’t charged it other than when I first took it out of the box. Still shows that it carries 100% charge all the time.

1 Like

I’ve never owned one of these before. What do you mean, free trial? Is there an extra cost in addition to the hardware? Monthly monitoring fee, perhaps?

The one year storage plan included with Costco’s sale price was good if you were planning to get it, if it’s considered worth $100 for the year. Then the unit would be like $40 for the new one.
If you’re not going to need the cloud clip storage then it’s okay for the used option.

1 Like

They charge $3 for the one device storage plan, which gives you cloud storage of clips to review from your phone app, $10 for their higher cost plan which covers multiple devices set up at one location.
You don’t have to get the storage plan, but it’s limited usefulness without it, since you have no way to record clips taken of events.

I’ve been happy with all of the “used” or reconditioned stuff I have purchased. I do have to say that Woot is different and a little worse since Amazon officially took over. The Woot Offs suck.

8 Likes

I’ve never owned one of these before. What do you mean, free trial? Is there an extra cost in addition to the hardware? Monthly monitoring fee, perhaps?

Correct: I bought a Pro a few months back. You can pay a monthly fee to use their cloud service, which saves/stores recordings of the video. It’s not required if you just want the live camera, but the service is only a few bucks a month.

1 Like