Ring Video Doorbell 2

I don’t plan on moving anytime soon but I would probably just leave it. Since I have mine wired to the old doorbell it will still work, even if it is not connected wirelessly anywhere. If the new owner wants to get their own Cloud service for it they can easily look up how to do that via a Google search. I would unlink it from my account before I move.

1 Like

Yes! I bought one of these about a month ago. All of the Alexa devices will chime when the doorbell rings. I can also have Alexa alert me when it detects motion.

As I was typing this (at work), my phone alerted me to motion and a ring, and I could see the FedEx guy dropping a package off. Too cool!

1 Like

I moved in May and left both the Ring and Nest for the new owners. For the Ring, the time and hassle of removing it, buying a new doorbell button, and installing it far outweighed just buying a new one for our new place. But we had to do some extra installation in the first place of an additional box mounted to the siding to get a level surface for the Ring.

1 Like

You might want to loosen the chin strap on your tin foil hat.

1 Like

$30/year is very expensive?

1 Like

I got this last time they offered it, it looked new and came with the cable, battery pack and all hardware required to install it.

1 Like

does this have removeable batteries?

Yep.

I bought this (ring doorbell 2) the last time it was on here. I get a tremendous amount of false “motion” alerts and yet when the fedex guy walked directly up to it and set a box in front of it, it missed it in its entirety… tech support blamed the sunlight.

So if you get sunlight where you live, this may not be the best option.

1 Like

Really? It seems like privacy is important to this person. I can understand that.

Yep that is your problem

In my area you can voluntarily register that you have cameras on your property. They don’t ask for access or anything like that. They just notate on a map that you have cameras. If a crime is committed in your area they will look at the map and then see if you might be able to help with video footage.

Total waste of time and money! They sold product still linked to previous owner! Can not register it therefore completely useless. Also contacted Ring and they couldnt help. DO NOT BUY. was my first purchase from Woot and likely my last.

Hello. I’m very sorry for the poor experience. Reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Bought one of these, it looked new in box to me. Charged the battery up, used the level that came with it and marked the 4 spots in the door, drilled the tiny holes, connected it to wifi, and created an account at Ring for my 30 day eval of cloud storage of videos.
$30/yr for unlimited storage. Seems fair. Been up a couple days, worked perfectly.

1 Like

Mine arrived DOA and they had sold out so I couldn’t get a replacement. Ordered a refurbished one from Amazon for $99. It came with more items in its box and looked better than the used one, not to mention - it works!

This was a Christmas present for my wife as I travel for work and she does not feel safe. I installed the unit on my front door trim just to find out the product was not repaired”still broken”. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with ring and he said the product is defective. Ring does not support the product because it was out of warrant. I thought this was factory refurbished? Emailed woot and they can only refund the item. What a wast of time and money. Very disappointed.