Rio Forge 256MB MP3 Player

WOOHOO! I think this is my first productive post!

Lowest price on Froogle is $44.99

Here’s a review for you to review:

The good: Excellent battery life; sleek design; user-friendly interface; included software is handy and easy to use; memory expandable via SD/MMC; supports Audible content and protected WMAs.

The bad: USB port cover is easy to lose; design isn’t completely comfortable for one-handed controlling; slow transfer time for USB 2.0; poor FM reception.

The bottom line: Rio’s Forge Sport makes a terrific and stylish workout companion.

Full Review

If only it would take more than 512MB.

In for two!

My kids are old enough to need a player, and these look like a good introduction.

Maybe NOW they’ll love me…

1st there was 128 now there is 256, I guess I will wait for the 1 TB version :happy:

Was hoping for another type of player. I have the red 128m version, bought right here on woot! But, alas it is now suffering from the “random reboot” issue. So, was hoping for another brand that could also use the SD cards…

Keep them coming!

Please share details about the software. This is my first woot! Got this for my 6-yr-old (I’m rocking (r0x0rin6?) a 20GB Archos for me). Been lurking here for more than a year. Now we just need a 1GB SD woot! PLEASE!

I bought 2 of these and they are garbage.I ignored all the terrible reviews, shame on me. They just quit working and sometimes if you wait a while the will magically work again.
Beware!

Im in for one, if I get a sd card will it be on top of the 256?

first woot evar. FM tuner + expandable memory > $30 refurb risk

good bad review: Shopping Online at Shopping.com | Price Comparison Site

It says upgradeable to 512K. Anyone know if it will accept 1GB. When I bought one last year it said 512K but it did take a 1GB! Thanks!!

What’s Phenomenouts?

I got 2 of these already, Refurbished means packed in a white box. they were brand spanking new and worked like a charm.
Only bad part was I paid $49.99 each and now I am looking at $25.99. I guess many things can change in a year (or so)
my recomendation: If you are questioning it; Buy this!

Buy 2, stick em on the side of your head with duct tape and voila! Instant Princess Leah costume!

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Rio Forge 256MB MP3 Player
$25.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Rio Forge Sport 256MB MP3 Player

Long live the WOOT-OFF !!!

This is true they do indeed take a 1GB SD card.

The link doesn’t seem to be working. Is a fix forthcoming?

Thanks

C’mon Woot, bring on the 512 iRiver. I love mine. Please sir, I want some more!

I’m in for one. It gets a 7/10 review on CNet - Still a 2 year old player, but with the ability to upgrade firmware and add up to a 1Gig SD card, this is a great deal at $31 (Shipped). When it was new, this was going for $170.

CNet Review

Yes