Rio Forge Sport 128MB MP3 Player– $29.99 After MIR

Welcome to the Rio Forge Sport 128MB MP3 Player – $29.99 After Rebate topic page for Tuesday, May 31st. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

This is pretty cool. A ;lot cheaper than the ipods, I’m just not much of a fan for the refurbs, nor the rebates. Thanks though Woot!

Rio Forge Sport 128MB MP3 Player– $29.99 After MIR
Movement of the wind, hard drive spins, pop in an mp3 format audio file and push play
$49.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Why are you soft in the middle? Are there not roads on which to run? Ropes to jump? Do you lack the fancy physical fitness machinery required to do a few push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups? No, your problem is not that exercise is unavailable. Your problem is that exercise is unappealing.

Now let us ask you this: After prosperity made him complacent, how did Rocky Balboa regain his fighting shape so he could face the hungry contender Clubber Lang? Sure, weight training, wind sprints, the heavy bag, whatever. But what made all that possible? Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” and Maynard Ferguson’s “Gonna Fly Now,” that’s what. It’s not about the shoes; it’s about the grooves.

Wrapped in grippy, protective rubber like your old man’s unknown soldier should have been, the Rio Forge Sport 128MB mp3 player is built for the kind of rough treatment it’s going to take if you ever hope to slough off that surplus gut. With solid-state electronic innards, it carries over 60 songs, and is about as likely to skip as John Wayne was. Its integrated stopwatch with lap timer will tell you just how depressingly slow you really run, and with the Forge Sport’s onboard FM tuner, you’ll always have something to listen to.

Unfortunately, yes, sometimes it will be Diane Rehm.

Features:
Condition: Refurbished by Rio
128MB memory (stores up to 4 hours of music depending on .MP3 or .WMA file format)
USB 2.0 interface
Stopwatch and lap timer
FM radio
Audible support
Up to 20 hours battery life
5-band adjustable equalizer with presets
Compatible with Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP & Mac OSX
MSC compatible for easy drag and drop of music and data files
Rugged design
Skip free audio delivery
SD/MMC memory slot
Accepts up to 1GB SD flash memory card
Includes Rio Music Manager software
$20 manufacturer’s mail-in rebate on purchases made by May 31, 2005
Box Contents:
Rio Forge 128
Carrying Case with Armband
Sport Clip Earphones
USB 2.0 Cable
Installation Disk
Quick Start Poster
Print out your Rebate Form now, or forever hold your peace. Limit 2 rebates per household.

rebate link: http://image.woot.com/Images/rioforgerebate.pdf

Not too shabby…128MB is pretty low, but the SD card slot makes this deal. And the FM radio is kind of cool too. $30 AR seems like a good price for all of that (but note you can only get two rebates, not three). Oh, and as an extra special bonus, it’s not made by Apple!

I hereby declare this deal Woot-worthy!

WOOTERRIFIC™!!! Have to love old faithful :slight_smile: Well, we wanted computer/tech stuff, and we are getting it!!! Cool!!! Nice WOOT!! Love those MP3 players!!!

http://www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, Coupon Codes and Freebies

Movement of the wind, hard drive spins, pop in an mp3 format audio file and push play
$49.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Why are you soft in the middle? Are there not roads on which to run? Ropes to jump? Do you lack the fancy physical fitness machinery required to do a few push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups? No, your problem is not that exercise is unavailable. Your problem is that exercise is unappealing.

Now let us ask you this: After prosperity made him complacent, how did Rocky Balboa regain his fighting shape so he could face the hungry contender Clubber Lang? Sure, weight training, wind sprints, the heavy bag, whatever. But what made all that possible? Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” and Maynard Ferguson’s “Gonna Fly Now,” that’s what. It’s not about the shoes; it’s about the grooves.

Wrapped in grippy, protective rubber like your old man’s unknown soldier should have been, the Rio Forge Sport 128MB mp3 player is built for the kind of rough treatment it’s going to take if you ever hope to slough off that surplus gut. With solid-state electronic innards, it carries over 60 songs, and is about as likely to skip as John Wayne was. Its integrated stopwatch with lap timer will tell you just how depressingly slow you really run, and with the Forge Sport’s onboard FM tuner, you’ll always have something to listen to.

Unfortunately, yes, sometimes it will be Diane Rehm.

Features:
Condition: Refurbished by Rio
128MB memory (stores up to 4 hours of music depending on .MP3 or .WMA file format)
USB 2.0 interface
Stopwatch and lap timer
FM radio
Audible support
Up to 20 hours battery life
5-band adjustable equalizer with presets
Compatible with Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP & Mac OSX
MSC compatible for easy drag and drop of music and data files
Rugged design
Skip free audio delivery
SD/MMC memory slot
Accepts up to 1GB SD flash memory card
Includes Rio Music Manager software
$20 manufacturer’s mail-in rebate on purchases made by May 31, 2005
Box Contents:
Rio Forge 128
Carrying Case with Armband
Sport Clip Earphones
USB 2.0 Cable
Installation Disk
Quick Start Poster
Print out your Rebate Form now, or forever hold your peace. Limit 2 rebates per household.

Goodnight, all… Got 2 of the 256s before. Don’t need another MP3 player right now.

[size=24:80bdd6da4a]Top Level Domains[/size:80bdd6da4a]

wootastic!!!

lots of rios lately… does everyone have one yet?

A woot with a mail-in rebate? I think that’s a first.

http://bottom-feeder.blogspot.com <–a personal blog, not a commercial site.

BOC Item :-)!

Definitely a Woot! first… no more rebates please.

Hummm, interesting woot.

Got my mp3 player, headphones suck!

How bout some good headphones next time??

Thanx

Yuk a mail in rebate and its a refurb. :shock:
If there was no MIR I would buy it.

Let me know

any woot with a MIR is a bad woot.

MIRs are the retail world’s way to “always F you at the drive-thru”

Too much for a 128MB player…need more room,price not bad, tho!

Too circular for me. I’ll wait for a better Woot tomorrow. Radio Shark maybe??

Is there no end to these MP3 players?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not enough memory, Good Night Wooters

goodnight :idea:

You must be new around here, this is at least the 4th Woot product with a rebate

And anyone who says this is too much for a 128MB mp3 player, go search Froogle and see if you can find ANY 128mb mp3 players for $29.99. I bet you cant, and anything thats close to it is going to be a cheap, no-name player - not a big name brand like Rio.