Rio Forge Sport 128MB MP3 Player– $29.99 After MIR

Nice Woot! If I did not buy the Rio Cali last month I would buy this one. I am extremely pleased with the Rio Cali even though it was a refurb. :smiley: :smiley:

Bought last Rio player from Woot. Came with defective earphones and response fro Rio was that they had no earphones and I should buy a pair from somewhere else. Buyer beware. Refurbished dosen’t mean that it will work and Rio will do nothing about it.

Yeah, the memory isn’t very high, but for only $30 (after rebate) some additional SD memory is pretty easy to get.

MIR is a surprise…

Be aware that “refurbished” in the case of the Chiba I bought here a few weeks ago means that you’ll be the QA inspector and may likely get a DOA unit like I did, right out of the box. Also did not get new earbuds in package-they were used. Numerous attempts to get satisfaction from Rio customer service within the short 30 day warranty have been frustrating and futile as they give you the email runaround. Mine is an expensive paperweight.

oh man, straight from the year 2000!

I am in for 3, even though only 2 rebates allowed per household!

I feel like I am stuck in a bad Conan Obrian sketch.

I will take a big pass here… :?

I could do a Mexican Fiesta ebay auction with this item.

• A rio mp3 player, a can of refried beans, and a cheap pinata…

[quote user=“qwerty55”]I could do a Mexican Fiesta ebay auction with this item.

• A rio mp3 player, a can of refried beans, and a cheap pinata…[/quote]

it sounds like a refurb rio is a cheap pinata. :shock:

edit: make that an expensive pinata

[quote user=“ziggy49”]a new low for WOOT, poor, poor WOOT[/quote]Lest we not forget.

Odd… I bought the Chiba too and couldn’t get it past the upgrader error despite talking with Rip tech support.

I received my RMA by email and they are shipping me a replacement now. I just had to FAX them my Woot! receipt and once the new one arrives, I ship back the busted one.

Have you called customer service at Rio? I had no trouble getting through and I found them both helpful and friendly.

I hope the refirb doesn’t do me in. Fingers are crossed.

This has it all :!: Got my 2. :smiley: I’ll give this a couple hours at best. Hate rebates, but this is worth the extra step. Just bought 512MB SD for $23 and 640MB is enough music for 20-30 CD’s worth. Stereo can fill in what I don’t have. Not like I will EVER listen to 20 hours music straight through 8)

hate to tell you but mp3 players are about the hottest selling item in retail lately so i doubt well see an end anywhere anytime soon…

[quote user=“cerealkiller_001”][quote user=“qwerty55”]I could do a Mexican Fiesta ebay auction with this item.

edit: make that an expensive pinata[/quote]

Hey maybe I could do a Rio player, the refried beans, and a bottle of sunscreen.

My Hot Sauce, Condoms, and shiny color-shifting underwear auction is doing well. Sex sells and it’s fun. Here’s my shameless plug. A rediculous number of people have looked at it today. I am getting a lot of email from Germans about the color shifting underwear. They want additional pictures and one guy asked me to model them. I told him they are being sold as new and it would not be right to wear them.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5586005697[/url]

WARNING: Women may act irresponsibly when confonted with a man equipped with Hot Sauce, Condoms, and a pair of color shifting underwear! I will not be held liable for how women will react to you if you use these powerful items on them. If you get injured, crushed, lacerated, or mangled - it is not my fault. Please exercise caution and you too might even get laid.

I want to do a Mexican Fiesta Auction next…

Jeez, does Rio have any more broken inventory they want to toss up on woot!?

Nevermind, I got a Cali for the same price but it is perfect for my workouts with the timer and the FM and all. For $30 you can’t even by a portable radio from a name brand anymore.

What the heck is ‘MSC compatible’?

It’s only a matter of time before those 600 cyclops spycars hit woot… I am waiting for those…

[quote user=“qwerty55”][quote user=“cerealkiller_001”][quote user=“qwerty55”]I could do a Mexican Fiesta ebay auction with this item.

edit: make that an expensive pinata[/quote]

Hey maybe I could do a Rio player, the refried beans, and a bottle of sunscreen.

My Hot Sauce, Condoms, and shiny color-shifting underwear auction is doing well. Sex sells and it’s fun. Here’s my shameless plug. A rediculous number of people have looked at it today. I am getting a lot of email from Germans about the color shifting underwear. They want additional pictures and one guy asked me to model them. I told him they are being sold as new and it would not be right to wear them.

That’s pretty funny !! You should do something like that! Well I’m off to bed tonight, long week ahead at work!

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5586005697[/url]

I want to do a Mexican Fiesta Auction next…[/quote]

Hey I got two of those. They are a blast! Two speeds as well as two channels. Need open road for high gear…

hate to tell you but mp3 players are about the hottest selling item in retail lately so i doubt well see an end anywhere anytime soon…[/quote]
There has not been even 1 item for sale that I have wanted since the Wootoff.