Rippin' Deals on Razer Gaming Accessories

The last “Tech.Woot” Razer Wootplus thread

For compare/contrast.

I still give The Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset super high marks for noise-cancellation, a long cord that actually allows movement away from the computer, and very cushy earpieces. They get even further high marks for being 1-upped by my hubby’s buddies (the gaming circle he hangs out with online).

Damn you woot, I just dropped 50$ on an Orca after a wire on my Carcharias shorted out (I didn’t take the best care of it, so I don’t think it had anything to do with the craftsmanship). couldn’t you have put this up one week ago.

Argh! Same here. This wasn’t up last night when I checked Woot, but when I checked Woot tonight the one thing I want and have been waiting for has already sold out? GRR.

When do these “Woot Plus” deals go up, anyway? Is there a consistent time? Because apparently it’s not 12AM Central.

I bought a Onza and have had it replaced twice under warranty. The first one developed a problem with the right stick acting like it was being pressed up when in the center after a month or so, the second one had that issue practically out of the box and now on the third one it finally has worked.

Aside from the build issues however, it is a great controller and far superior to the xbox controller in it’s feel and function. I use it regularly on both xbox and PC games.

Being that this is refurbished I am tempted to pick one up just because I would hope it has been looked over by an actual person and had the problem parts replaced. Is is still a steal for the price, but you might want to buy 2, just in case one goes out to lunch on you.

I just bought one from Best Buy last week to complement the Nostromo I bought from Woot. The refurbished Nostromo was a good deal, but I’m not as convinced the Epic is a better deal than the box stores.

That said, I find the Epic does have a learning curve. The side buttons are small, and I’ve had to adjust my grip, though that’s not a bad thing. I’m using it for gaming, and there’s quite a bit of learning curve. However, I find I can keep my hands on my mouse, and that I don’t have to move as much. This could have a real impact for someone using CAD. Reduced mousing motion means reduced possibility of mousing injuries occurring.

Most of them are posted at 9am CST Mon-Fri. Woot Plus deals will sometimes have smaller quantities either because we’re at the last of the inventory or it’s a niche product.

Anyone know about the Piranah headphones? I’m thinking of getting a set for my son(13), so they don’t have to be spectacular just good enough for him.
I’d rather get the Carcharias, but they’re sold out already. My older son has had a pair for a couple years now and except for letting his rat chew through the cord once(headphone wires are a BIITCH to solder) they’ve held up nice and the cord is pretty awesome.

I’m hoping the Piranahs are comparable.

I used a Copperhead until it was flat worn out. Heavy AutoCAD and gaming use put me through quite a few inferior mice, but the Copperhead held sway like no other. It lasted well beyond my expectations; a little over four years. The left click finally lost its utility, and annoyed by the mouse’s discontinuation, I went with the DeathAdder. It’s a big disappointment; I thought I could adapt but I’d been spoiled by the sleek Copperhead. The DeathAdder is too bulky, the glossy sides where my thumb and fingertips rest neither feel well nor maintain my grasp well without some extra pressure. The absence of dpi on the fly adjustment sucks, too. The Tron is too tiny for serious use, and I don’t want the yes, this is dog Naga phone/mouse, either. I’d really love to see the Taipan on woot, and i’m holding off until it’s offered. I’m not sure why I only buy mice on woot, but the annoyances of the DeathAdder aren’t insufferable for now.

This is very true. I have had to warranty several of them within a month because of ghosting analog sticks.

If there were a way to calibrate them to center it would go a long way toward helping the problem but using decent parts would be better.

Bring back a sale on the Razer Nostromo, I need one!

I don’t do much in the way of autocad, but I can tell you that it is super accurate with such a high dpi response. Plus the twelve function buttons on the side are easy to use, in my opinion. If you are working on precision stuff and don’t want to have to move your cursor or take your hand away for keyboard shortcuts, it would definitely be a help. Justified.

Until woot recently started selling gaming mice and gaming keyboards, I’d never heard of either. What distinguishes a “gaming” mouse from a regular mouse? I tried googling, but there are so many reviews/comparisons of gaming mice that I haven’t found a basic answer to, “What is a gaming mouse?”

The comments about the benefits of extra (macro?) buttons for daily use intrigues me. I have constant problems with the ergonomics of my work set-up and I’m wondering if these might alleviate some of the stress/tension in my shoulders and neck.

I bought the naga epic during the last woot off and it was DOA after emailing customer support and waiting a week and only receiving a generic email of trouble shooting tips which boiled down to flash the mouse and Docking station with the current build, all of which was straight off the website. I tracked down the support number (888) 697-2037. Days befor calling I registered the mouse on the website which was suggested in the email to speed things up. I got sick of waiting for a response and called the support line, I got a nice Indian gentleman who was very nice but it took 3 time longer than it should because his accent was so thick it was next to impossible to understand him and even worse he was having trouble understanding me after some difficulty we determined the problem was the connector part of the mouse and needed to be replace at which point he said we would have to register, I told I had and after 10 unsuccessful attempts too explain my phone number, finally they found me registered under my email, you think a ten diget number is complicated try explaining O2cool it took forever, I will say this he was always very nice and patient and was trying to understand, after all that he found the info then sent me another email where I had to type line by line all the info I had entered for the registration as well as copy of the receipt of my purchase from woot I sent that out 5 min after getting off the phone and have yet to hear back, I sure I will eventually get the mouse replaced and all will be well, but you should know what your getting into when getting a refurb from razer. I have got a lot of stuff from woot over the years and this is the first time I’ve had an issue But I think I would steer clear of razer unless you have time to kill.

I remember the woot Tron bundle deal that I discovered within Amazon. Gave me mad props on the deal sites :slight_smile: I bought three, sold two and still have the one. What an amazing deal that was!

I picked up the java epic refurb. When they had their woot off not to long ago. Mine came in a white box, no CDs or manuals. But you can find l the manuals and drivers easily off the razer website.
The mouse is well made. Both wired and wireless. With cloth covered cable to prevent tangling. The 3 different pinky rests are a nice addition so if you have small or large hands this is good. It’s ONLY for right hand mouse users.
The 12 button side mouse and the software to program them is really easy and effective to use. I haven’t found a game that I need all 12 buttons but I don’t play MMOs vey often anymore. If you play hardcore MMOs, this would be a great mouse. It has adjustable dpi and xy speed adjustments. I would recommend this mouse, but it is expensive even when it’s $70. I got mine for $60 during the woot off and I’ve been loving it. But it also took a while to ge used to. I’d accident click the side buttons because I’m not used to them. But that’s just me. If you’re going to spend money on a gaming mouse, it’s a good deal. Especially if u want a wireless/wired one.

Ussally it’s a mouse with extra programmable buttons for macros and has very high dpi. Other than that their just really fancy look mouses.

Hey do anyone know if this deal comes with the battery? Cause in specs it only mention

In the box:

Razer Naga Epic Gaming Mouse
Charging Base
USB Cable
(2) Spare Side Panels

Yep, just a little bit above that in the specs is info on the built-in battery:

Li Ion Battery Life: 12hrs (continuous use); 72 hours (normal gaming usage)

For those with concerns about the Onza:

I’ve been lucky enough to not have to replace mine (knock on wood). It is a fantastic controller, and I hate going back to using my MS Xbox controllers when I’m playing two player games with my daughter. That said, there are two things I would change about it if I could:

1. The cord is way too stiff for my tastes. I’ve had the thing for 3 months now, and the cord still likes to bunch up as if I had just taken it out of the package.

2. The ‘shoulder’ buttons are really freaking loud compared to the rest of the buttons on the controller. The triggers are silent, the A/B/X/Y, D-pad, and Start/Select buttons are about as loud as a mouse click, but the LB1/LB2/RB1/RB2 buttons are LOUD.

If I wasn’t so pressed for money right now, I would pick another one up in a heartbeat. $25 is a screamin’ deal for an Onza.