Riverbench Winery Estate Pinot Noir - 4 Pack

I don’t have much of a wine vocabulary as yet and I didn’t take notes, but IIRC, the 07s were not as “thin” as the 06s. Actually, now that I think about it I do recall liking the 07s better (a lttle more spice and maybe minerality?). Still not love although I wish I had held on to at least one bottle for a whie.

Now I think I’m talking myself into this one!

That’s great, thank you BTW re vocab, Use your own vocab! Make it up! or google “wine wheel” and buy one… rpm reccommends that.

thank you! I think when people say “spice”, that often means “alcohol”. Might that be the case here?

…well, I guess they are nice for the price…

I remember the 06’ as being a bit lighter and having a bit more fruit and the 07’ having a bit more complexity and balance to it.

I thought both were good - and very good for the price.

I think a little peppery. I don’t recall being put off by alcohol, but it was a while ago.

I think a little more “peppery” is a good description for the 07’ when comparing to the 06’. I don’t remember it having any excessive alcohol. The 06’ was a bit smoother, but for some perhaps a bit too smooth.

Oh darn! I talked myself into these and now they gone!

Had to run out for an errand and missed a chance to comment further.

The '06 was basically a pop and pour - very easy to enjoy out of the bottle, fruit deepened with time to breathe, but nothing brash and funky on the open - just a very easy to drink wine. The GF loved it. It was simple, but good.

I thought the '07 was spectacular, which is why when it came up again in a woot-off (last spring I think?), I went in for another 8. Figuring that this was probably the last of it, was happy to get 12 bottles this time.

I did not find it to be overly fruity at all. In fact, when opened, it definitely is almost overwhelming in its funk, and needs a chance to breathe - as it breathes, fruit starts integrating into the funk or emerging from it - something like that. As it continues to open, there’s a nice acidity to the taste - reminds me of a spectacular Gigondas that I’d had, though the fruit isn’t quite as present in the Riverbench as in that other bottle. Strawberry is probably the right fruit descriptor, but I found it to be relatively muted, balanced by the earthiness.

Sorry my timeliness is a bit off. Would have loved to have been able to help while the offer was still up.

fwiw, I noticed their 2008 is up on Lot18 right now. No idea how the 08 is - but looking forward to finding out…

prior woot-off:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3852059&PageIndex=1

I’ve had a similar experience with the Riverbench PN’s from the last 2010 woot… couple were okay, but one tasted so far off that I ditched the last one.

i wonder if it has some Brett in it… people talk about funk!

10 days, still no shipping info :frowning:

Yes, where is the wine? No word yet, strange.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm these days. 10 days at least until fed ex shows up, then stuck on “initiated” for 3-4 days before finally being mailed. I don’t see this coming in time for Easter…

Just received my delivery and got 2009 instead of 2007. Am I the only one?

Also received my shipment today and same thing for me, 2009!

2009 too, i’ll see how it is like…

Mine turn out to be 2009 too. What’s wrong, WootWine?

dislike, very thin, taste like grape juice (i’d drink the grape juice instead…) they will sleep in my office for years i think…

at least got this $5 coupon from woot…

Could not agree more, at least about the thin taste. Now I have to find more room in the cellar to hold the remaining 3 bottles. I am quite disappointed with the Woot response. $5 for sending the wrong wine? Bait and switch??? I know this may be out of Woot’s hands, but something is not right here…