Road Closed

It says the same thing in both English and Japanese (Hokkaido Expressway). It’s simply a bilingual road sign.

Tempted to get one for a friend who is going to Japan in a few months. But not sure if she’ll find it funny or not…hmmmm.

Come on Webfoot…you can reach 900 by tonite girlfriend!!!

Great shirt Leon…liking it…alot

I could live a long time (i.e., forever) without buying yet another asphalt shirt, but the color combinations on this are awesome. sigh Maybe if I wait awhile, I’ll change my mind and not buy one. Maybe. Probably.

Or not.

I’m going to need to buy more hangers tomorrow.

Nice design. Doesn’t really tickle my fancy, but I can appreciate it.

That person who thought the Japanese headband was racist in Killer Bees is going to be pissed about this one also.

JAPANESE HEDBAND RACISM!!!11196

Cool artwork, definitely better than Rampage Wear. This bears consideration…

Japanese tanks are built for smaller people.

As someone who is moving there in three weeks, I can say that I personally wouldn’t want it to wear in Japan. Maybe if she’s just visiting will be able to wear it when she comes back, but not in Japan. That kind of thing always made me feel like a tourist.

But you should buy it for her for when she comes back. ^_~

I’d have gone for this design, if the car AND octo hadn’t been pink. Octo alone woulda been fine, but together, too much pink… as cool as it looks though against the asphalt background :smiley:

Why did you have to go there

Awesome,got one for myself and my little brother

I love how I posted a message praising Woot for today’s shirt, and yesterdays, of which I bought both… and my message gets deleted.

I’m sorry, I’ll never pat you on the back again, Woot.

I want a mini-tank like that. Unless octopuses will attack me for it.

Oooh! A Mary Kay car. That’s a lot of cosmetics parties.

Seconded! Also, the usual blog is in place. All is good…

cool for a poster, bad for a shirt. at least for a guy :slight_smile:

1. What road?
  2. Even if we suppose that some invisible road is present, what is closing it?
    2b) All I see that even implies a road is a single car, and it is being held up in the air by what looks like a hallucinogenic escapee from some old Atari game
  3. By no means can we suppose that the, oh dear, I’m repeating a pair of words, hallucinogenic escapee from some no-doubt condemned sushi bar is the cause for a road closure because what it is apparently doing is attacking the stupid looking ape with a tank, using it as if it were a rifle.
    3b) We can’t even suppose that the tread marks shown have anything to do with any road - they were purportedly generated by the tank and as we all know, tanks create their own roads.
    3c) Interesting factoid: You’ve heard of Fort Knox, haven’t you? Did you know that it is a tank-team-and-leader training fort as well as the place that supposedly has all of Goldfinger’s gold? I happened to work with an Army type from there: he was our subject matter expert on a Tank Platoon Leader lesson we were preparing. He spoke with some glee about how the town’s people detested the tanks because whenever they traveled on the real roads they just plain tore the asphalt to shreds. How does this relate? Perhaps it is the tank that the quintipi (I only see five pink tentacles, how about you? Of course, this question depends on your current intake of psychoactive substances) is holding that is really the cause of a potential road closure and it is the ape brandishing the car (which, after all, is the usual thing you’d see on a road) who is attempting to protect the invisible road from being closed…
  4. Because these two dorks are obviously standing on the road that can’t be seen, of COURSE it is temporarily closed. If the ape would just kill the quintipi and roll its body and weapon over into the ditch, the road would be open and this t-shirt would make just about as little sense as it does now.
  5. And then tell me - what about the incredibly mysterious power-line/telephone-pole? Does it truly make direct sense in this scene or is it actually some dark Freudian symbol that explains everything else we see?

And will we ever know?

That is “Freakin Awesome” is exactly what I thought when I saw that, then I saw

“condition:
FREAKIN’ AWESOME”

woot knows me too well…

Oh Yes, ANOTHER ONE . EEEK I need to stop this madness. Sigh, I always thought I was more than just a consumer, oh well.

(The following lyrics are included under the “Fair Use” clause of the Copyright Act (a) because of the shortness of the quote and (b) because it is being used for satiric effect. And your little dog, Toto, too!)

[Very slowly]
Beep beep beep beep
His horn went beep beep beep
While riding in my Cadillac
What to my surprise
A little (pink) Nash Rambler was following me
About one third my size
The guy musta wanted to pass me up
As he kept on tooting his horn
I’ll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn
Beep beep beep beep
His horn went beep beep beep