Roadhawk 1080P FHD Dash Cam with GPS

Hi, this is Michael from the manufacturer. Since this dashcam is very light, the included windshield mount with 3M tape can hold it firmly. It comes with a year warranty, call us if it can’t hold. We will replace or upgrade it for you. We do offer industrial strength mount and suction cup mount per request.

This dash camera can support up to 256GB SD card while others tops at 32GB. The dedicated PC/Mac player software will show you all sorts of info, such as speed, G-force indicator, Google maps with exact location. We do provide firmware upgrade through our server for free. The GPS receiver is also built-in.

It is compatible with Windows 10.

So which is it, 127 degree (Features) or 135 degree (Specs)? Lack of attention to documentation details tends to foreshadow lack of attention to other details. (On the other hand, the 135 degree spec seems to only be here - looks like a Woot typo.)

Also, note that this is a three-year-old model, but the newer firmware now supports 128GB SD cards. (Edit: tcmichael says that these now support 256GB cards.) And that it uses SD rather than microSD.

Also note that this particular package does not seem to include the 8GB card they normally include.

FYI, this Roadhawk dash camera is now official dashcam offered by Volvo dealers in UK. http://fleetworld.co.uk/news/2015/Nov/Volvo-signs-dashcam-deal-with-RoadHawk/0434022334

If the review I saw (here) is correct, the software uses Adobe Air. Which means that it will tend to be compatible with any version of Windows (or Mac OS) that Adobe Air supports. So long as Adobe Air doesn’t do a Java and drop features and backward-compatibility later.

That being the case, is there a way to get this to communicate with a computer for live video? In a Volvo, does this interface with the onboard computer?

Through firmware upgrade, all Roadhawk dashcam supports 256GB SD (class 10) and MicroSD (class 10). Thanks

You said “this” camera, which is identified as the CM-G680. The article says the DC-2. Are they the same, with just different branding?

It is a stand alone recording device. It can’t be communicated through network.

Did i read its a one minute loop? Does that mean it will only loop for one minute then start overwriting that file? I ask because id like it to be a bit longer for record keeping but still loop if i decise not to keep that particuler video file.

It will record one-minute video files until the drive is full, then it will start overwriting the oldest files - except for those which are locked.

Under Roadhawk brand, we have three models, RoadhawkHD (G680) designed for consumer, RoadhawkDC2 (G650) designed for truck fleet. RoadhawkDC2 has connectivity with truck telematics system. Both cameras utilize same Ambarella A5 chip solution. They have same resolution, share same player, same quality level.