Roadhouse Winery – Three Pack

Ni!

Samuel Jackson is disappoint.

Actually thats a ton of help.
Thanks, an internet for you good sir.
Or maybe a post of goodness if modgods are being generous.

…now about that forest floor taste.
mmmmm pine

I’m having this same problem again this morning…

Is anyone else been able to use the “SERENDIPITY” code? I enter it in the gift certificate/coupon field and I keep getting an error that says it doesn’t work.

Anyone having any luck?

Are these Fruit Bombs???

Used mine yesterday and it worked fine, but you can only use it once. You sure you haven’t used yours already?

Not at all but like someone said last time they were up there spicy and not for merlot weenies!

Cheers!

Yeah, I realized that after I pulled the trigger. It was the Grenache that I loved. Sad face.

Oh well, have to drink more Zin, I guess!

Yep, I’m sure. (tried it in 3 different browsers just to see if that was an issue)

Oh well. I’ll email Woot and maybe they’ll credit me down the road or something.

Quite welcome, of course.

Forest floor doesn’t lend itself to snarky Wikipedia’ing quite as well, but it’s generally just a pretentious way to describe an earthy, pleasantly funky, almost mushroom-like component. It’s typically found in good Oregon Pinots and their well-made California cousins, in contrast with the earthiness in red Burgundies, which is typically much more poopy and barnyard-like. I’ve no idea why it’s hanging out in a Zinfandel.

It worked for me

AAAAAAAAND… I’m in for one. :slight_smile:

Hey Guys, this Eric(#1) of the Roadhouse Winery.

We are out of the Grenache, so we had to substitute a Zin.

I think you’ll find the reviews on our prior offer to be quite nice, and the wines have only improved since then!

Here is a link to our last offer in April:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3887417&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=121

and some comments on CellarTracker:

http://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?O=TastingDate%20DESC&Table=Notes&szSearch=Roadhouse

We look forward to meeting more of you at our little tasting room in Healdsburg, CA. (Sonoma County)

Enjoy!

Eric-

Hi Eric, thanks for explaining about the Grenache. Still disappointed, but will drown my sorrows in Zin.

If you want to make your links even linkier, try wrapping them in [u-r-l] (leave out the dashes) followed by .

edited to say that it’s hard to express that url thing without making it look like an actual url!

Ooh, Bacon Salt! Time to switch over to the main Woot forum and watch the frenzy!

I suspect it’s diffeenty by state. look up in your email. Mine was serendipitously useful. Especially as I NEVER got a woot birthday code (rotters)

so THAT’s why I like Buena Vista even more than Burgundy, which I’ve never really loved. thakn you…

lol must look. merlots can make fruit bombs too. Of the very short and dull variety. Thsi is what the winemakers say

and their pinots are made b Roessler’s Scott Shapley, so they understand terroir! too muchm you might say :wink:

Sounds as if they are worth a punt.

Rats

‘Poopy’ and ‘Barnyard’ are typical of brett and potentially reduction (thiols)… they can hang out in any bottle of wine…

Hey Eric,

Do you think we will ever see some of those wonderful Pinots on Woot?

In for one to try. I have a high standard for Zins now: Peter Wellington, and Bella Vista. So far, the rest (Haywood included), not a patch. But I’m looking for more with that depth of quality.

Damn, wish I knew you were in Healdsburg, I was just there staying on the river. Bummer.

In for 1, love the zin

Speed to first woot: 0m 31.540s
Last wooter to woot: tkastorff