Previous offer:
4/21/11

Kosher?

You have to be friggin kidding me.

A damn Mozzarella cheese-making kit?

for kiddies and the young at heart?

On wine woot?

Gimmee a friggin break.

Not that I think I’ll get an answer before it sells out, but does anyone know if this works with lactose free milk?

Previous Woot

Man: I think it was, “Blessed are the cheesemakers”!
Gregory’s wife: What’s so special about the cheesemakers?
Gregory: Well, obviously it’s not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

$18.50 on amazon(free shipping w/prime)
http://www.amazon.com/Roaring-Brook-Dairy-Mozzarella-Cheesemaking/dp/B003XLWTIO

Answered my own question in case anyone else is wondering. No. Lactaid brand milk is ultra-pasturized. I don’t know about the store brand, but given the long expiration dates on most of the lactose free dairy I buy, I’d suspect it’s also ultra pasturized.

Dunno, but it’s vegetable based rennet according to this post from a previous woot…

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4450315

That’s like making a root beer float w/ fat free ice cream and diet soda. Even if you could, why would you?

thank you for answering MY question before I could even ask it :))

Could this be the woot off killer? The salt moved pretty quickly.
I just hope they don’t bring back those dried apricots! That would bring the site to a screeching halt.

Its Cheese, Gromit!

A little video showing how this works:

(or not!)

I want to encourage folks to buy this so we can get some decent wine options, but, um… ick!

anyone who got this last wootoff, how is it? I almost got it last time but wasnt sure

$15.72 subscribe and save with free shipping also. I just ordered from amazon as I wanted to try this last time around. We have a local dairy that has fantastic milk, I think I willuse that instead of the standard grocery store milks.

Because I don’t like to get violently ill after consuming cheese? And the other option is not consuming cheese?

oops, I meant to include my positive statement.
Bought this for my nephews at the local Cheese shop (I think it is $15 bucks there). They were really excited when they got it as they love cheese, and the thought of making their own gave them giddyup. The downside…it is really like an un fun science project. Most of all it requires patience,and focus which I have seen very few kids with. So the parents ended up doing the bulk of the work, and reminding the kids about it.
Buy it for yourself if you want to learn about making cheese, but be wary of buying it for kids.

I called the company and as previously stated, they use vegetable rennet, but currently do not have a kosher certification.