Robert Craig 2004 Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

Robert Craig 2004 Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon
$49.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Mountainous
product(s):
1 Robert Craig 2004 Mt. Veeder Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Link above to CT (avg. rating: 90+, CT avg price: $57)

How long to cellar, I wonder?

$70 on their website.

First sucker: jwhite6114
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.937s

Last wooter to woot: shh64

Oop! Where’s Mill?

2004 Robert Craig Mt. Veeder Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
SKU #1032816

92 points from Wine Enthusiast: “This is a very lush Cab, made in the modern style. All the elements of cult Cab are there: the soft voluptuousness, the finely ground, sweet tannins, the immensely ripe currant, blackberry and cocoa flavors, the coating of fine, smoky oak. I don’t think it’s an ager because of the softness and ripeness.” (12/1/2007) 92 points Connoisseurs’ Guide to California Wine: “Enticing elements of cassis and raspberry-like fruit are seamlessly fit to those of sweet oak, milk chocolate and a scant intimation of cedar from first sniff all the way through to the finish of this very rich and carefully crafted young Cabernet. While in no way wanting in size or scope, the wine is quite well-balanced and its firming, fine-grained tannins are beautifully buffered by fruity substance. There is no question but that a few years in the cellar will make this very good thing even better, and we would not be surprised if it improved for the next ten.”

$20 off the winery’s price… Voted one of the best 50 wineries in Napa Valley…

Woot #1, go Ducks!!!

Sending two of them to Oregon Pinot Noir Country

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=Robert+Craig+2004+Mt.+Veeder&scoring=p

$65 shipped

I have added you to my list of suspects JW.

Food Smut was safer than this. I can’t MAKE all that great food, but I CAN push “I want one” VERY easily apparently.
Sigh.
(Woot filter is NO fun)

WD, you are on a serious roll here… in for 3!

Haven’t Wine Wooted in a while, and money is quite tight.

But Robert Craig…Cab…2004…

Damnnnnnn - In for 3.

I was counting on the clue’s being right on Veeder. Ambushed this sucker.

Now, I just wonder if being First Sucker still carries extra weight toward labrat-dom. I have a bottle of 2002 Mt. Veeder Cab Sav in my cellar that I have been holding for a while. Haven’t picked up more due to price, but Mt. Veeder on woot and I am in.

Eeep!

I wonder if there are any la bratos this time. If so, how lucky!

From the Wine Spectator

Robert Craig
Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Veeder 2004
Score: 88
Release Price: $70
Region: Napa

Complex, with a mix of dried currant, black cherry and herb and mint notes. Firms up at mid palate and manages to keep the tannins in check, ending with a clipped aftertaste. Decant. Best from 2009 through 2014. 1,665 cases made.

Crapola. I wish money grew on trees. I just got word that Kosta Browne fulfilled my 4 bottle request for their pinot and I am outta cash. Timing is everything…

By naming half the wineries in Napa I got it right!

In for two.

The fact that it’s one bottle and that I’m hurting for space is tempting…
But if I got one, I’d just want more. I don’t hoard my multis nearly as much as I do my single bottles.

But I still have the 2 of each Corison in mi Corazon, 2 pepper bridges, 1 really nice israeli cab, 3 vayniac futures, 2 of each of SB’s H-D and Mohrardt Ridge, and a Windsor Platinum private reserve. Not to mention my 2 bottles of '82 Bordeaux. I’m pretty sure that high end cab isn’t what I’m lacking right now…

Hey! Why don’t I try to convince my parents… :slight_smile: