Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us hands of fate

Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon - $46.99 + $5 shipping

1 * 2006 Robert Craig

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

This is good juice, they are one of my clients. Bottle retails for $70 direct from the winery.

This a a very typical Napa Cabernet, big and tanic and will age very well.

2006 MV Cab Sauv on robertcraig.com

Tasting Notes
Aroma: Forward, concentrated aromas of blackberry and black currant, followed by chocolate truffle, vanilla nut and cream.
Flavors: Deep, succulent Mt. Veeder fruit drives this Cabernet, underlain with signature black currant, pencil lead, cocoa, cedar and spicy mineral notes. Tannins are refined and supple, adding weight to the mid-palate.
Finish: Goes on and on. Generous berry flavors build in intensity, melding with a band of refined, polished tannins.

Vineyard Notes:
This single-vineyard source is located at 1800 feet along the mountain’s summit in southwestern Napa Valley. Contours of the 26-acre site offer quintessential Mt. Veeder terrain, with multiple hillside exposures and changes in elevation of up to 400 feet. Well-drained sandstone and blue shale soils provide an ideal foundation for growing small, concentrated berries. Each vineyard block is managed separately and grapes are picked over several weeks to insure perfect ripeness.

Production Notes
Blend: 81% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot
Production:1700 cases

found it for $56 … pass

This is a tad expensive. Here is what wooters said on the forums last time

got some great reviews, but yes, seems to be at best $5-10 off retail.

I’m so glad I picked up the Corison so I can pass on this…

This received a 93 rating from Robert Parker. If anyone is curious, the drinking window is 2009 to 2029. Definitely good value and worth a try if you want a premium domestic cab.

I would like to try this but a single bottle is not really a deal.

where’s the deal here? pass

That is for the 2005, this offering is for the 2006.

Wine Spectator
Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Veeder 2006
Score: 90
Bordeaux-like in its structure and character, with aromas of anise, currant, rose petal, cedar and blackberry, turning taut and firm on the palate. Full-bodied, with excellent balance, depth and dimension, ending with tight, ripe tannins. Best from 2010 through 2016. 1,700 cases made. –JL

In general with Mt. V grapes, I’m finding '06 is more of a drink now than either '05 or '07. Saying that, this is awfully good juice, it’s a decision of buying to drink or pass and wait for something you can hold

If I drink enough before bed time this might end up in our cellar.

From experience…

The 2006 is almost identical to the 2005 IMHO, Robert Craig is one of my favorite lesser known wineries in the valley.

However I will pass because I can can get it cheaper

Indeed, this is the 2006. But you’re being picky. There’s a lot of useful information there anyway. Try posting some useful links, constructively?

For example: CT link for this bottle notes suggest this is definitely for laying down.

Dit.to.

This under 20$ Syrah may end up costing me much more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon
$46.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Red
Product:
1 2006 Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

CT link above.

Previous 10/1/09 Offering for 2005 vintage

It seemed like such a safe and conservative way to handle a wine.wootoff. At first sight of the flashing woot-off lights on the page, “I will only buy Napa or Sonoma cabs from trusted vintners whose wines I have tasted and enjoyed,” said I.

Bulletproof, right?

Not.

In again, in excess again.

Dammit, WineDavid, you are totally screwing up my landscaping budget.

Excuse me. All I did was point out a difference in the year. I didn’t editorialize or pass judgement in any way. This is a classic example of why I no longer participate here and lurk instead.